Nick Lee 132 ?

1gold

IDK for sure. The safe play for Red would be to go to 138.

No once the brackets are set at the seeding meeting an entered wrestler is not able to change weights. An alternate can take the place of a wrestler, but that would mean the entered wrestler is removed.

But, even if you could move I don't see it happening in Red's case. Lee's the one with very little actual mat time this season and still coming back from an injury. The long grind of a state tournament series would seem favor Red at point they would likely meet in the state tournament. Based on those variables, I see no reason for anyone to say he'd run even if it was an option.

We will have to wait about a month to know for sure how things will go between them. I'm just hoping Lee stays healthy enough to put on the type of match he is capable of. If he does then we are in for possibly the best show of overall wrestling skill in the history of Indiana wrestling.

Edited by MattM

I think some people are forgetting g what everyone has to get through to get to Bankers... Nick Lee is the real deal, no doubt, but he won't make it to Chad Red if he is injured. He can make it to state, but I wouldn't take Superman if he was injured vs Red

I learned a long time ago in wrestling to expect the unexpected, never underestimate anyone, and to never tug on Superman's cape (sheer determination has pulled out more than one win over the years). I think all of Indiana shouted a collective "Woohoo!" when these brackets were released. Both are great wrestlers and this match will be worth the price of admission - and I have no doubt it will happen. I love to watch Red wrestle too, but I gotta be Team Lee!

if Red moves up after spending all year at that weight to dodge an injured Lee, it will go down as one of the biggest cowardly moves in wrestling history

I seriously doubt that this even crosses Reds mind. If he didn't want to face the best, don't you think he would've stayed away from Who's #1. Both of these wrestlers are outstanding wrestlers and WE as the fans will get to witness possibly the best match ever in the finale. An international champ against 3x defending and undefeated champ.

Lee out by end of week and Embry in! Write it down! Smoke and mirrors.

I don't see this happening. The Lees & MD just aren't into playing games - I'd be very surprised if this prediction came true. Let's just all hope the heavens align and we finally get to see this match happen!

Everyone wins! The fans, Lee, and red.

This matchup will go down as one of the greatest.

Lee has already faced one of Indiana's best in micic. Why not have two studs on his resume?

Agreed!

There will be no losers if this match up occurs.  Win or Lose both of these wrestlers are champions that should be celebrated regardless of the outcome.  And probably the biggest winners are the fans.  Good luck to both of these young wrestlers over the next month and all hope this occurs under the lights!

I don't like the term "injured lee" if Lee didn't think he was healthy and could compete I don't think he would have wanted in, in the first place especially knowing Chad Red is also at 132.

There could be a difference between 100% healthy and not quite 100% but good to go.  I don't think anyone wants him to wrestle injured, most of all his family.  So maybe injured isn't the right word.

That said, I do worry a little about conditioning.  Maybe it won't matter, but I remember Tyler Ferguson sitting out most of last year.  He flat out ran out of gas in the Friday night opener against Jeremiah Reitz, barely hanging on to win 17-13 after having a big lead.  Don't know if that was conditioning or if he was sick, but I have to imagine not having matches all year could cause conditioning to suffer.  

There could be a difference between 100% healthy and not quite 100% but good to go. I don't think anyone wants him to wrestle injured, most of all his family. So maybe injured isn't the right word.

That said, I do worry a little about conditioning. Maybe it won't matter, but I remember Tyler Ferguson sitting out most of last year. He flat out ran out of gas in the Friday night opener against Jeremiah Reitz, barely hanging on to win 17-13 after having a big lead. Don't know if that was conditioning or if he was sick, but I have to imagine not having matches all year could cause conditioning to suffer.

Agreed 100% Nick did look a little tired In the 3rd against McKinney either way I'm glad to see him wrestling.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.