Wide open weight classes - IHSAA State

backtothemat

I couldn't disagree more. Walton has made serious gains during this offseason where most of his losses came only to Andrew Davison (mostly 2-3 point matches). I think Walton will surprise people when he steps on to the mat against Hughes.

I love me some Walton, but....

Greco State

1st Place Match: Andrew Davison (Duneland Wrestling Club) over Nathan Walton (Brownsburg Wrestling Club) (TF 22-13) 

*He had some suspect coaching in that match

Freestyle State

1st Place Match: Andrew Davison (Duneland Wrestling Club) over Nathan Walton (Brownsburg Wrestling Club) (Fall 3:23) 

Folkstyle State

1st Place Match: Andrew Davison (Duneland Wrestling Club) over Nathan Walton (Brownsburg Wrestling Club) (Dec 5-3) 

That wasn't the point, the said poster commented that all of their matches were 2-3 point matches.

Thanks for the correction. I guess I was only thinking about one of the matches in particular, but he's right if that's folk style then I think it'll be a lot closer than people assume to be!

So your example shows Walton wrestles Andrew Davison well in a folkstyle match........problem is Walton does not have to wrestle Andrew Davison............

I agree.   I think Hughes would beat Davison also.    I should note that I am a Walton fan but we are talking about Drew Hughes here.

Edited by NPSmith

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.