Geographical distance in a conference

busstogate

Does any conference have a greater average distance between opponents in a conference than Conference Indiana?

So what is the average distance between teams in  Conference Indiana.   I know the North Central Conference goes from West Lafayette to Richmond and up to Muncie.   I just did a rough average to the schools in conference and the average is 66 miles between schools.

So what is the average distance between teams in  Conference Indiana.   I know the North Central Conference goes from West Lafayette to Richmond and up to Muncie.   I just did a rough average to the schools in conference and the average is 66 miles between schools.

I didn't do the math, but from Indy to Bloomington to Terre Haute would seem to make for some long drives.    But yes, I can see the NCC could have it beat.  Indy seems closer to Bloomington on a map than I remembered it to be.

Hoosier Conference has 100 miles between it's southern most school Hamilton Heights and its northern most school Rennselaer. And includes Kokomo, West Lafayette, Delphi and Monticello in between

Isn't Kokomo in the North Central Conference? The NCC also has a 125 mile trip from Richmond to Logansport, and 130 miles from Richmond to Lafayette.

Isn't Kokomo in the North Central Conference? The NCC also has a 125 mile trip from Richmond to Logansport, and 130 miles from Richmond to Lafayette.

Something doesn't seem right to me about having both of the state's mental institutions in the same wrestling conference.

Yes, Kokomo is in the NCC but Western and Northwestern both in the city of/surrounding area of Kokomo are in the Hoosier conference. I was just naming larger cities that have schools in that conference.

Edited by Russian

With the schools that are very far apart, do you have a dual meet during the week? Or do you just see each other on a Saturday? Or do you not even have to have a dual and just have a conference tournament? Just sort of wondering, cause some of these distances are crazy.  

With the schools that are very far apart, do you have a dual meet during the week? Or do you just see each other on a Saturday? Or do you not even have to have a dual and just have a conference tournament? Just sort of wondering, cause some of these distances are crazy.  

We're in the HCC,  we try to schedule   a few teams in the conference for some seeding purposes and the further away teams are on weekends.   But its just the conference tournament which decides it.

Edited by Wrestling Scholar

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.