Best Conference in the state

ENoblewrestling

I can't recall this topic ever coming up over the last few years. What is the best wrestling conference in the state? I just saw the Duneland results and that looks like a pretty solid conference. I assume the MIC will get many votes with PM, LN, Carmel, CG, Warren among others.

Perry isn't in the MIC

Edited by SpunkyPotato

Well you learn something new everyday. Thanks for letting me know.

What conference are they in? Who else is in their conference?

They are in Conference Indiana with Southport, Franklin Central, Bloomington N & S, Columbus North, Terre Haute N & S, and Columbus North

We should rank the conferences in an objective way.    Just like college basketball, football and wrestling uses sagarin or RPI rankings,  we should use Maligned's Genius Ratings to rate the conferences.     So question for Maligned:  could you manipulate your genius data when your finished to all give a rating by conference?    That way you could really see who has the toughest conference, not just an opinion.      

In think in the past it was SIAC hands down

Not this year.  DAC seems to be the front runner.

Hoosier crossroads has 3 of the 12 teams that competed at 3a team state including the 1st and 7th place teams. With Brownsburg, Avon, Hamilton Southeastern, Fishers, Zionsville, Westfield and Noblesville.

Ooh.  looks like HCC and DAC are the clear favs.

Here's an objective approach to solve this question, and for bragging rights.   I took Maligned's Genius numbers and did some statistical manipulation to come up with the answer to the  best conference. My two metrics are "average genius score" and the "sum of the top 7 teams" in the conference.  I only took the top 7 because the HCC only has 7 teams so would be fair to compare.   Here's the results and rankings by conference.

Conference     Avg         Top 7

HCC               71.08       497.59

DAC               62.57       484.87

MIC                63.15       477.52

Hoo Heritage 54.07       430.73

Hoo Hills        51.48       403.5

SIAC              46.68       374.49

NCC               43.64       363.51

NE8               43.57        339.26

Edited by Wrestling Scholar

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.