Joe Lee back at #1 at 145?

BrennanFan

1. Laughlin (loss was to one loss Whitaker at 160!)  Q as freshman and 5th place as sophomore

2. Lee (redeemed himself with pin over BAM) 2nd as a freshman

3. Timberman (Has beaten several top wrestlers this year, Bethel, Lee, Vaughn, Negangard) tough draws at semi state

1. Laughlin (loss was to one loss Whitaker at 160!)  Q as freshman and 5th place as sophomore

2. Lee (redeemed himself with pin over BAM) 2nd as a freshman

3. Timberman (Has beaten several top wrestlers this year, Bethel, Lee, Vaughn, Negangard) tough draws at semi state

Why would Lee be above Timberman if Timberman beat him?

If we're just looking at these three, Lee has both the highest ceiling win and the "best" loss in my opinion.  Plus, his other results are more dominating.  That's enough to push him to the top for me.

Edited by maligned

If we're just looking at these three, Lee has both the highest ceiling win and the "best" loss in my opinion. Plus, his other results are more dominating. That's enough to push him to the top for me.

But his loss was to Timberman who beat Lee. So by your own logic Laughlin should be first. Timberman second Lee third. These are rankings not predictions.

That was sooo four weeks ago....since then, Lee pinned BAM and Timberman lost...

There is an argument for each of them to be ranked first. Also, I like Lee to be first because he has the highest finish at state and he is from the E-ville semi-state which I am biased to.  

I hate to be the person to break this all to you, but it doesn't matter.  They will not be receiving a ring for being the number 1 in the rankings. I am pretty sure it doesn't get you out of wrestling the ticket round of Semi-State.  They all in their own right have earned a shot at winning the real thing.  Only 5 more weeks and all your questions will be answered.

But his loss was to Timberman who beat Lee. So by your own logic Laughlin should be first. Timberman second Lee third. These are rankings not predictions.

I didn't explain my logic other than to say I thought Lee's loss was the "best" and his win showed the highest ceiling.  By strict head-to-head, it's obviously Laughlin, Timberman, Lee if we're confined to that.  But this is not a seeding discussion and we have much more information than that--each guy's wins, Laughlin's loss, each guy's past HS seasons and off-season, etc.  And since they've all got one loss and I would want my rankings to be both results-based and predictive of who's really the best, I would put Lee #1 based on what ALL the information says about the quality of the wins and losses for all 3.

Edited by maligned

I didn't explain my logic other than to say I thought Lee's loss was the "best" and his win showed the highest ceiling. By strict head-to-head, it's obviously Laughlin, Timberman, Lee if we're confined to that. But this is not a seeding discussion and we have much more information than that--each guy's wins, Laughlin's loss, each guy's past HS seasons and off-season, etc. And since they've all got one loss and I would want my rankings to be both results-based and predictive of who's really the best, I would put Lee #1 based on what ALL the information says about the quality of the wins and losses for all 3.

Touché

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.