Logansport Regional

Cavemen103

Its actually Scott Krintz not Neil

I would guess this is niel. It's a opinion not a statement of character,so dont make it one. By the way tou can keep your good luck, its fake.

I'm not Neil - I'm Myles father, Scott and actually sir I am sincere I hope Cole does make to state hes worked very hard and is a good wrestler. No worries about continually bashing my son he is only a sophomore I can understand your confidence. Good luck to you both Myles will give it his best and that's all I can ask.

I'm not Neil - I'm Myles father, Scott and actually sir I am sincere I hope Cole does make to state hes worked very hard and is a good wrestler. No worries about continually bashing my son he is only a sophomore I can understand your confidence. Good luck to you both Myles will give it his best and that's all I can ask.

BAM!! Way to take the high road Pops. Good luck to your wrestler.

Sooooo..... How about those Cubs??? I hope Joe Maddon has a great year.....

I wish all the wrestlers in this Regional the best this year and hope each wrestler meets his personal goals wether it be at sectionals, regionals, semi-state, or state! Good Luck to all who put in the hard work and dedication in a sport that teaches you life lesson and how to push yourself on a daily basis. Go Get Them.....

Edited by Bomber

How was there any bashing? I have a opinion!!! :-)

It wasn't what you wanted to here so now it's called bashing? I do believe myles is a good wrestler, but I just think cole beats him again. I could be wrong.(wouldnt be the first time) Im sorry if it came off as bashing that was not my intention. I just have a honest opinion and it turned ugly as usual.lol

Exactly why this is always a fun topic.

Here's my take @ 138 - Both Myles and Cole can get it done both have won big matches when they count. I think the winner here will be the fans should be a great match.

Both really nice kids but you would have to tip it Coles way,after all he's  the senior. Sectional will as always come down to depth. some 5-6 place match with a pin.Coach Lukaska didn't see it as bashing. Wish the Bison luck.

Appreciated your post Scott. Myles has been a great addition to the team not just on the mat but in the locker room and at practice. Coached at Benton Central for 22 years. Was coach Lukaskas coach. Don't know why I feel a need to respond but here goes. Never left BC for greener pastures. Coach Campagna and I were let go when the current athletic director took over. Harrison coach VanderAA asked us if we would like to come back to coaching. It has been a pleasure. Love the BC kids. Any perception that this coach has a vendetta against BC is laughable. Coached all their coaches and am friends with those that want to be friends. At Harrison we have a very nice feeder program. Former BC head coach Bayley at Klondike. Former BC wrestler Kyle Sylvester at East Tipp. Bart and Vince Coors at Battleground. Former BC wrestler and University of Indianapolis wrestler Johnny Henry leading drilling every day. Top that off with Scott Hinkel in the room every morning. Maybe you can say Trey McCartney "ran to greener pastures". would instead say he made a personal choice to better his chances. With this said Harrrison probably wont be a bison KIller. Not really on the radar. Myles and Cole will be fun. Cant it just be that way? I hope they are both ready. Cole should have the advantage as a senior. Beyond some individual matchup as a coach its time to make sure we are in great shape and ready.

Just addressing a point or two here that need addressed.

First, I'm not a dad or a coach but am very familiar with many of the topics discussed on this thread.

Second, Trey McCartney did not "run to greener pastures" or try to "better his chances." His mother is a teacher and improved herself professionally and financially by taking a job at Harrison. She would only accept the opportunity, if she could have Trey as one of her students.  She invests a ton of time in her teaching and she wants to teach Trey, just as she taught his older siblings. Trey had no decision in the matter and wrestling was not a factor at all. From what I know, and again I am very close to the situation, at the time of the decision Trey was sad to leave his school and opportunities at Benton Central. Throughout the year he has become a Raider and is happy now to wear blue and orange. But again, he is at Harrison because of his mother's career change.

Third, what happened to letting wrestling be a sport of discipline and intelligence? This forum is for news and intelligent conversation. Many people on this thread need to chill out and "just wrestle." Cole, Myles, Trey, and all other wrestlers mentioned, I sure hope you haven't been reading this mess.

Good luck to all of you.

Just addressing a point or two here that need addressed.

First, I'm not a dad or a coach but am very familiar with many of the topics discussed on this thread.

Second, Trey McCartney did not "run to greener pastures" or try to "better his chances." His mother is a teacher and improved herself professionally and financially by taking a job at Harrison. She would only accept the opportunity, if she could have Trey as one of her students.  She invests a ton of time in her teaching and she wants to teach Trey, just as she taught his older siblings. Trey had no decision in the matter and wrestling was not a factor at all. From what I know, and again I am very close to the situation, at the time of the decision Trey was sad to leave his school and opportunities at Benton Central. Throughout the year he has become a Raider and is happy now to wear blue and orange. But again, he is at Harrison because of his mother's career change.

Third, what happened to letting wrestling be a sport of discipline and intelligence? This forum is for news and intelligent conversation. Many people on this thread need to chill out and "just wrestle." Cole, Myles, Trey, and all other wrestlers mentioned, I sure hope you haven't been reading this mess.

Good luck to all of you.

Edited by kman

Don't leave Munson (BC) out of the conversation....wasn't he in ticket round last year at 170??  If not, very close.  I'm more interested in wrestlers that have not been mentioned.......Don't think the ones whose names keep popping up have any danger of not getting through regional!!  How about some off the radar kids?? 

Who is Mr. X we need to look out for??  Doesn't Delphi have 3 returning regional champions??  What about West Side....didn't they go to team state?? They have to have some kids in the mix somewhere.....what weights are the Kidwells??

Alvarez is back in the game at 132 from Harrsion. Last year he made it to regionals before he got injured. Glad to announce that he is back in the room training harder than ever to get back. I hope things look good for him in the future. Doesnt have much under his belt this year but i feel he will definitely bring a twist to sectionals and regionals

Pound for pound it doesn't seem there are any clear champions by reading the posts.......except Mote and Strasma.....doesn't Lafayette Jeff dominate the 195 and 220 class??  Don't forget a few surprises from Lewis Cass and Winamac....it always happens!!

Also lafayette jeff does not dominate the 195 or 220 weight class. I do recall that last year conley beat collins 14-3 after collins beat him in conference. And recently they had a close match of 5-4 collins. And Crider from harrison also gave a very tough match for baldwin at 220. 

Alvarez is back in the game at 132 from Harrsion. Last year he made it to regionals before he got injured. Glad to announce that he is back in the room training harder than ever to get back. I hope things look good for him in the future. Doesnt have much under his belt this year but i feel he will definitely bring a twist to sectionals and regionals

Also lafayette jeff does not dominate the 195 or 220 weight class. I do recall that last year conley beat collins 14-3 after collins beat him in conference. And recently they had a close match of 5-4 collins. And Crider from harrison also gave a very tough match for baldwin at 220.

I think he was saying the laf Jeff sectional won't dominate at 195 and 220. But Jeff sectional should have top 3 in both weights imo.

Actually I see that one of the  Kidwell's  is at 195 for west Lafayette and won the Hoosier Conference......Congrats to You Big Guy.....this is another of last years champs if I remember correctly now.....Under the Radar !!  Don't forget his brother Mikey at 152 either........great athlete!!  Congrats to West Side on Finishing First as a Team.

Actually I see that one of the  Kidwell's  is at 195 for west Lafayette and won the Hoosier Conference......Congrats to You Big Guy.....this is another of last years champs if I remember correctly now.....Under the Radar !!  Don't forget his brother Mikey at 152 either........great athlete!!  Congrats to West Side on Finishing First as a Team.

Solidly one of the areas quiet underdogs. Well coached. Kids that respect their coaches and are always ready.

Long time Logansport regional listener, first time caller here

I saw some results that peaked my interest from this weekend

Hunter Haynes (Hamilton Heights) 28-7, Sr. over Blake Strawsma (Benton Central) 34-3, Sr. (Dec 4-2).

Riley White (Hamilton Heights) 31-5, . over Cole Lukaszka (Benton Central) 34-5, Sr. (Dec 3-2).

Did the Bison get mauled by the Iron Bear?

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.