East Chicago Semi State Rankings

ontherise219

we are 2 weeks away from the Start of the State series. That Lake County tourney is a good measuring stick of the Calumet regional. Who does everyone think will qualify? Who are some sleepers? Teams Like Portage, Penn Crown Point ad Harrison should have nice regional showing who will Qualify the most and what is the deepest weight?

Some of the weights are 10 to 12 deep. Others not so much.

I'm never to big on change going to East Chicago will definitely be different. I'm going to miss Merrillville good memories there for me. Time marches on East Chicago is a great facility hopefully everything runs smoothly.

I'm never to big on change going to East Chicago will definitely be different. I'm going to miss Merrillville good memories there for me. Time marches on East Chicago is a great facility hopefully everything runs smoothly.

It should.  They have a great group of guys who have been making the sectional great for years, including an eggs and chorizo breakfast for the coaches that is out of this world.

It seats around 3400 and I wouldn't be opposed to hosting it either, more food and hotel choices nearby compared to EC

Isn't that seating about the same as mville? 3000+ less than EC. LC is about 3-4 miles off of route 30 and another 10-15 from 65, those are the only ways to get to LC. EC is right off the toll road maybe 2-3 miles, and cline ave. 2-3 miles. much more convenient access from every direction than LC. I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised by the new semi-state host. Edited by MCKAJC

Lots of great memories at Merrillville and was run very well. Lake Central would be nearly identical as merrill lle. As much as we love ontherise announcing, East Chicago not only has the huge upper level seating, there is the concourse around the upper level that allows for plenty of breathing room that the other schools don't have. Personally, I would love to see it at calumet but parking would be the biggest issue and not sure coach Watkins would welcome the workload. East Chicago exemplifies the region and hopefully everyone can seat comfortably and there aren't any hangups or big unforseen issues. I would post a pic of east Chicago's gym if I knew how! Lol

Edited by bonehead63

the seating should be great. Still the same tough wrestling. I'm not sure LC would have the room too ECC is the biggest gym in the area 2nd biggest in the state. The biggest problem with merrillville was the seating and I would assume that problem will be fixed.

Lots of great memories at Merrillville and was run very well. Lake Central would be nearly identical as merrill lle. As much as we love ontherise announcing, East Chicago not only has the huge upper level seating, there is the concourse around the upper level that allows for plenty of breathing room that the other schools don't have. Personally, I would love to see it at calumet but parking would be the biggest issue and not sure coach Watkins would welcome the workload. East Chicago exemplifies the region and hopefully everyone can seat comfortably and there aren't any hangups or big unforseen issues. I would post a pic of east Chicago's gym if I knew how! Lol

thanks I'll be announcing the DAC this Saturday. LC letting me do the announcing has been great. I really appreciate it Edited by ontherise219

Correction- LC's gym holds 4200, and that does not include standing room.  The north and south sides have adequate standing room for more people.  I am sure EC will do a great job running the tourney.  My only argument was the food, entertainment and hotel options that LC has around its school.

Correction- LC's gym holds 4200, and that does not include standing room.  The north and south sides have adequate standing room for more people.  I am sure EC will do a great job running the tourney.  My only argument was the food, entertainment and hotel options that LC has around its school.

Would you lose the lower level seating on the East side for the first two rounds or can all four mats fit without losing the seating? It looks to me like you would still need to keep those lower bleachers closed for the first couple rounds, as I think EC will have to do as well.

Yea, we would not be able to use the east side bleachers for the first two rounds but we would be able to use the north and south side bleachers, which hold a large amount of people.  I think that there would be plenty of seating for the first two rounds even without using the east side.  I believe there would still be more space then Merrillville's setup for the first two rounds.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.