Jared Timberman

BrennanFan

Was looking up results from last year to see how far he got in the state tournament. Was surprised to see he lost to Brandon James in the regional final then was put out of the tournament by Tommy Cash in the quarters of Semi-State. Talk about a rough draw. 

He would have been better off getting third and taking his chances against Zach Simpson of Triton Central then Nathan Boggs of South Dearborn. Not saying he would have made it to state but he would of had a better chance not having to wrestle the eventual state champ in the go to round.

Edited by BrennanFan

Just another example why there should be wrestle backs at Semi-State!!

Ewww ewww should we start that conversation early this year!!!!

All I can say is if there are wrestle backs at semi-state I think our tournament will be prefect.  Especially since the ISWCA team tournament is doing great with classed teams.

I think less kids to state would help our state more.

I think qualifying 16 kids to State is enough as long as we try to make it fair as possible. I have talked to enough people over the last 20 years from all over the place that have watched our State Finals to know that what we have is special.

Back to Jared, it's apparent he is capable of wrestling at the top level. Unfortunate circumstance has held him out of Bankers Life. But Jared works as hard if not harder than anyone else & will get his due.

Was looking up results from last year to see how far he got in the state tournament. Was surprised to see he lost to Brandon James in the regional final then was put out of the tournament by Tommy Cash in the quarters of Semi-State. Talk about a rough draw. 

Yeah, anybody that was paying attention knew that he was more competitive last year with those guys than virtually anyone in the state outside of Joe Lee.  And his results in the spring showed also that he was a state title contender type of guy that was flying under the radar because of the ridiculous draw.

Jared's been tough for awhile now being at same weight with guys like Tommy ,Brandon, Joe and others make it easy to be overlooked. He won Freakshow in Vegas 2 years ago I believe, not the elite class but still, I think Tommy won the elite that year at the same weight. Sure I'll get corrected if I'm wrong. Good luck to Jared rest of year.

Jared's been tough for awhile now being at same weight with guys like Tommy ,Brandon, Joe and others make it easy to be overlooked. He won Freakshow in Vegas 2 years ago I believe, not the elite class but still, I think Tommy won the elite that year at the same weight. Sure I'll get corrected if I'm wrong. Good luck to Jared rest of year.

You have that Freakshow info right for Timberman. Cash lost in the semi-finals that year to talented Eric Wick of CA (who was lesser known at the time) in the elite division.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.