Perry Meridian

I just want to give props to Coach Schoettle and staff. Wow they took a team that just lost their former coaching staff, ranked 8th during preseason, no returning state qualifiers and placed 3rd at team state. Only team loss was to the state champs.

Edited by PerryMeridianFan

Congrats to Matt, Shaun the boys and the rest of the staff. On the day that I met with Parents to tell them I was making a family decision which involved a career type move, I told the community that my goal was to make Perry Meridian Wrestling such the program that if one person left(no matter who) the program would not miss a beat. And with the help from Matt, Shaun, Phil, and all the parents , coaches and athletes over the years I believe it is in outstanding shape. These guys know what they are doing and always have.

I have not posted on here about this as it was a family decision that was almost as difficult as burying my parents.

Regardless this post is about the program at Perry and the people there. I am great friends with the coaching staff and still hold many of the kids and families dear to my heart. They are not only hall of fame caliber coaches but hall of fame people. Congrats and as always win'em all unless you are standing opposite side of the mat than yours truly. Love many of those southsiders.

Edited by indyt

Perry Meridian Fan,

I agree that Coach Schoettle and Staff are top notch and the program is in good hands for years to come. But, for you to say Coach Tonte abandoned anyone is absurd and quite frankly offends me as a parent of Perry wrestler(s) (past and current). This is the same man that has coached and done everything he could for each and everyone of the Perry wrestlers and parents as a whole. There is nothing more important then ones family (excluding God) and if being known as a traitor to do what's best for your family, then put me down as a traitor all day long! Go Falcons and best of luck to Coach Tonte, Krulik and Morgan.

I just want to give props to Coach Schoettle and staff. Wow they took a team that was abandoned by their former coaching staff, ranked 8th during preseason, no returning state qualifiers and placed 3rd at team state. Only team loss was to the state champs.

First post of a new member, really? Perry was built over the course of many, many years of hard work directed by Jimmie, Matt, and others... I don't think you're much of a fan if you just joined this site to make that statement.

Edited by edb41

Congrats to Matt, Shaun the boys and the rest of the staff. On the day that I met with Parents to tell them I was making a family decision which involved a career type move, I told the community that my goal was to make Perry Meridian Wrestling such the program that if one person left(no matter who) the program would not miss a beat. And with the help from Matt, Shaun, Phil, and all the parents , coaches and athletes over the years I believe it is in outstanding shape. These guys know what they are doing and always have.

I have not posted on here about this as it was a family decision that was almost as difficult as burying my parents.

Regardless this post is about the program at Perry and the people there. I am great friends with the coaching staff and still hold many of the kids and families dear to my heart. They are not only hall of fame caliber coaches but hall of fame people. Congrats and as always win'em all unless you are standing opposite side of the mat than yours truly. Love many of those southsiders.

classy response Jim, I am glad you did not stoop to the original posters level.  Matt is a great coach and will do great things with PM and you also will do great things with WC.  Glad to see all these Uindy guys at the top of all these programs !!! See you both this weekend

I just want to give props to Coach Schoettle and staff. Wow they took a team that was abandoned by their former coaching staff, ranked 8th during preseason, no returning state qualifiers and placed 3rd at team state. Only team loss was to the state champs.

I don't know the ins and outs of Perry's program (or about much of anything really) but abandoned is a strong word.  Sometimes things come up in life that are more important than High School wrestling.

I don't comment on topics but felt like I needed to. For anyone associated with our program to say

"abandoned" is not acceptable...period! Jimmy is one of my oldest and closest friends,

before he left he asked my opinion. I told him that if I was presented with the same opportunity I

could not look my family in the face if I turned it down. Shaun and I have nothing but respect and

admiration for him. I want to thank everyone for their kind words, however Shaun and I are the coaches we are today, IN LARGE PART BECAUSE OF COACH TONTE! (among other great coaches who have influenced us)

Jimmy taught us well, unfortunately for him, maybe to well...lol

However, finishing 3rd is never the goal and we are not satisfied with our performance.

Congrats! again to Brownsburg, very impressed with the coaches and kids.

Kind of reminds me of the PM v. Mishawaka days...I love competing against those guys but HATE losing to them even more.

Coach Schoettle

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.