Congrats Brownsburg

quinnsDAD

Nice win Brownsburg. That coaching staff was able to put a lot of key pieces together in a very short time. This win is more a testament to the development of several wrestlers within the program than just the studs that were already coming through it. You just can't win an event like "Team" State without the buy-in and development of those kids. Winning the Mooresville tournament by a solid margin showed your team had some real potential, but The Bulldogs proved today how deep their lineup really is. Way to knock off not only the top ranked team in the state, but one of the top 25 ranked teams in the nation.

Edited by MattM

Congrats to coach Snider and Fabio . It was hard to get a read on Brownsburg before today . I can tell you they have 3-4 kids that should be ranked that are currently not .  

Great job TripleB!  His latest Evv SS rankings have 8 BBurg boys ranked.  Four 1sts, two 2nds a 3rd and a 4th.  At least HE knows what's going on down south. 

Great job TripleB!  His latest Evv SS rankings have 8 BBurg boys ranked.  Four 1sts, two 2nds a 3rd and a 4th.  At least HE knows what's going on down south. 

being semi state ranked is not the same as being state ranked . There are teams with 8-9 semi state ranked kids , but only 4-6 state ranked . I believe Brownsburg has a legit 9-10 kids who should be state ranked . 

Edited by M109R

being semi state ranked is not the same as being state ranked . There are teams with 8-9 semi state ranked kids , but only 4-6 state ranked . I believe Brownsburg has a legit 9-10 kids who should be state ranked . 

They've got 6 state ranked now...McCormick has been a monster over the holidays, so he's a no-doubter to enter the updated state rankings.  Clark is tough to rank because he's got some losses, but with wins over Henson, Ridle, and Brogan, I'm sure he'll move in as well.  Troy Owen's win over Rust and 6-4 loss to McKinney (at 145) probably gets him a look also.  

But none of that matters much.  They're very, very balanced.  They remind me of some of the EMD teams in the past that may have had only a couple legitimate state title contenders, but every single guy can give a state placer fits and put losses on them sometimes.  They might not keep 10 ranked in the top 16, but a top 40 ranking would include all of them.  That's not common, even for top teams.  Heck...their "sometimes" 195/220 who can't even crack the lineup (depending on matchups) steps in and gives up only a decision to the #1 guy in the state.  That's a deep, balanced team.

Edited by maligned

Congrats to BB on the IHSWCA team State Championship. I for one was shocked & impressed. They showed throughout the meet what a team really is. With the Ric Flair "WHOOO" & every kid & coach on there feet rooting for whoever was on the mat. The coaches have there kids bought into what they are doing & that to me was the difference. It looked like they were having good old fashion FUN! Enjoy, well deserved!

I don't disagree, but 8 Top 4 Evv SS ranked kids means that all 8 should/could be in the State rankings (the Top 4 from each SS).  Different guys do each SS and State rankings so what are you going to do.  Maybe they deserve 1 or 2 more.  Maybe. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.