And Team State is underway...

maligned

And they're off...all the #1-4 seeds with big leads over unseeded teams almost an hour into wrestling.  The only exception is Cathedral keeping it close with PM so far.  

What happened at 120 in the PM-Cathedral match?  Was it a double forfeit?  What's the story behind that?  Or was their a Track error?

Clayton won 2-0...it's updated now.

19-12 Cathedral.  

Cathedral is such a strange team...a handful of world beaters and then a big drop off at the bottom.  They'll stay within 42-25 against the best teams, but possibly get upset 30-25 against the 30th best team in the state.

Warren up 46-3 over JC, Brownsburg 51-6 over Carroll, EMD up 36-12 (i think?) on HSE

All for top seeds advance in 2A

Edited by maligned

Man what a butt whooping by PM on Penn. Where is Swank. Losing 106, 113 Killed them!

And absolutely nothing was gained by all the shifting of weight classes.  Disappointing semifinal

Edited by panther83

Looks like portage lost 2 team points and MD lost 1 according to trackwrestling. Does anybody know if that is correct?

Lee took off his headgear and tossed it in celebration, Lawrence slammed his down in anger. Great match and quality wrestling by both kids.

Edited by Indysportsfan

Lee took off his headgear and tossed it in celebration, Lawrence slammed his down in anger. Great match and quality wrestling by both kids.

Is there logic from a referee's standpoint to let both go and chalk it up to 2 kids being emotional after a hugely important and competitive match?    Was either directed at the other or other team/fans?   Or is that a non-starter w/ no lee way?

I have Warren Central winning 8 matches and Mater Dei getting 6 wins...WC will be too much for the wildcats.

I have BBurg and P. Meridian splitting 7 wins each.

Will BB live up to the hype?  They've sure had an easy path so far!

Is there logic from a referee's standpoint to let both go and chalk it up to 2 kids being emotional after a hugely important and competitive match? Was either directed at the other or other team/fans? Or is that a non-starter w/ no lee way?

Rules are rules, it was highly emotional but you have to keep your headgear.

I have Warren Central winning 8 matches and Mater Dei getting 6 wins...WC will be too much for the wildcats.

I have BBurg and P. Meridian splitting 7 wins each.

Will BB live up to the hype?  They've sure had an easy path so far!

I think MD makes some moves with both the Lee boys going up in weights against WC. This could swing the match.

Man what a butt whooping by PM on Penn. Where is Swank. Losing 106, 113 Killed them!

And absolutely nothing was gained by all the shifting of weight classes.  Disappointing semifinal

The shifting I think was due to Swank not being in there . And your right we needed 106 and 113 to win + Swank wrestling to have any shot at beating PM . Hats off to PM's Fair and Nier for getting it done . Don't think Penn will beat Portage either. 

Edited by M109R

Cathedral beating up on Carroll who lost by 1 to LN when they were pinned in the last match -- Irish looking like a 2-seed ahead of LN & Avon.

Except that they've lost to both of them, so there was no way for the committee to justify seeding them ahead even if you think they're better somehow.  

19-12 Cathedral.  

Cathedral is such a strange team...a handful of world beaters and then a big drop off at the bottom.  They'll stay within 42-25 against the best teams, but possibly get upset 30-25 against the 30th best team in the state.

Sorry, not trying to point out anything more than the shear coincidence...I wrote this comment when Cathedral was beating PM 19-12.  Ha.

Edited by maligned

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.