Connersville

edb41

I think this tournament still does a random blind draw, I.E no seeding.   So the Athletic Director was probably up late last with his bingo ball machine pulling out names to get the brackets lined up,  which is explanation for late publishing of the bracket.

182 Kohler Jay County

195 Fox Carmel

220 Hipple Carmel

285 Ft. Wayne North...sorry didn't get his name

Dakota Ault. Remember that name because after the graduation of the Purple Giant and baring another growth spurt by Parris, he will be the Big Man to beat. He is a sophomore. Brothers pretty good too.

Congratulations to Carmel and Lebanon for being co-champs at Connersville, that was a much tougher tournament than I expected with a ton of talented wrestlers. I hope no one is looking past teams like Valporaiso, they're tough. And Carmel only having 12 of 14 weights filled and a backup heavy weight was pretty impressive. Lebanon came to battle and showed that 2A teams can hang with anyone. I'm kind of curious though about co-champs......no criteria or is it more common than I realize to have that? That was a great tournament and I would really like to see it get back to what I heard it used to be.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.