3A Team State Draw and Discussion

Y2CJ41

Your line of reasoning is just so far off its hard to take it seriously. You are putting the cart before the horse.

Teams aren't good because of the number of ranked guys they have. They get ranked because they're good and over the course of a season, every decent team has a chance to prove that.

You ridiculed the committee for their work and yet you still don't get it. If you want to find out how good a team is for a dual, write down all 14 guys. Look at their record. Look at their schedule. Look at what their record was last year. Look at where they placed in state tournament last year. I can honestly say that we seeded all of 3A and we didn't spend one second on the rankings page, because that's not how dual meets work, especially when you're looking at rankings three weeks into the season

Well aware of how it works , been around wrestling for 40 years . If rankings do not matter why do the two best teams in the state have the most ranked wrestlers ? And asking a question is somehow ridiculing the committee ???? Why do guys that do ranking's or seeding's get all bent out of shape when people ask questions ? If said guys explain why they did what they did , most people will be good with it . The reason guys are ranked is because of what they did last year , this years record , schedule etc. If team A has 10 state ranked guys and team B has 2 state ranked guys , I don't need to compare all 14 weight classes , because team A will win 100% of the time . There is a reason team A has 10 ranked . 

For 40 years you sure seem to not be thinking this all the way through why do we wrestle the meets then? Because teams like EMd always pull some Winzapfl(sp) or Wildeman outta nowhere and get big wins and pull off upsets so just because team a has 10 ranked kids does not 100% mean team a will win

For 40 years you sure seem to not be thinking this all the way through why do we wrestle the meets then? Because teams like EMd always pull some Winzapfl(sp) or Wildeman outta nowhere and get big wins and pull off upsets so just because team a has 10 ranked kids does not 100% mean team a will win

Read my post Fabio I said a team with 2 ranked against a team with 10 ranked . When was the last time a MD team had only 2 ranked wrestlers . Look through the rankings and find me a team that has 2 ranked wrestlers , then tell me they have a realistic shot at beating Brownsburg or Warren this year . And if Rankings don't mean anything , why was your prediction that OPRF drops the hammer on Penn . Why do we need to wrestle then?

Edited by M109R

Didn't realize the Brownsburg feeder system was so strong. Hard to build such a good dual meet team so fast without transfers.

1st off... Name em all

2nd off...we have placed top 4 in the last 3 elementary duals since we came and have a shot to win again this weekend so yeah I'd say we have a pretty decent feeder syetem...

Dave/Redshirt,

We won state in 2008 at Mishawaka and had transfers.  Like most top programs in any sport in the entire state. 

As a review here are the credentials of the Mishawaka 2010 team that I always heard you talk trash to other people about:

Team State Champions

Won Individual State as a Team

10 State Qualifiers

9 State Placers

#13 in the Country

Here is our Mishawaka 2010 Lineup -

13 our of 14 of these guys were born and raised in Mishawaka and in our program.  Our ONLY transfer was Ryan Stahl...feel free to research and check the facts.

103 – Grant Martsolf

112 – Paul Beck

119 – Layten Binion

125 – Taylor Wisler

130 – Nick Schrader

135 – Matt Guerra

140 – Anthony Eddy

145 – Darius Marshall

152 – Ryan Stahl

160 – Alex White

171 – Richard Morin

189 – Danny Abu-Shebab

215 – Christian Lentz

HWT – Travis Thomas

Brownsburg Lineup This Year:

106- Ty Mill - Transfer

113 - Nick Weaver - Sectional Qualifier when we got here.

120 - Blake Mulkey - good Middle School Wrestler, but did no off-season

126 - Ryan Bigelow- ran bulldogs only in middle school ...wasn't going to wrestle...I talked him into it.

132 - Connor Allen - Sectional Qualifier - won around 5 matches the entire year.

138 - Brayton Lee - lives 30 seconds from the high school, but no one believed he was staying

145 -Troy Owen - .500 JV Wrestler

152 - Quienton Ingram - won a few matches on JV maybe

160 - Arkee Glover - .500 JV Wrestler

170 - Nathan Walton - transfer

182 - CJ Damler - Semi-State

195 - Isaac McCormick - good 8th grader who had never done anything during the off-season

220 - Reilly Peterson - he was awful in 7th grade.

HWT - Rickie Clark - .500 JV Wrestler

Sign your name.

Darrick Snyder

Amen Coach Snyder about signing your name! That's almost as bad as accusing a rival school's coaches of improprieties via email that you wrote in word doc(which is traceable), but having someone else(like someone you went to college with) send it on to the IHSAA and have them sign their name to the email.

A. Housand

Again, love that you didn't sign your name but talk trash.  I did okay in college and understand how the world works and what is traceable...Housand was the best man in my wedding.  How hard would it be to figure that out?  I think you are very gullible.  Thanks for making me laugh.  It has been a good day:)  Say hello some time. 

Darrick Snyder

Edited by Darrick Snyder

Amen Coach Snyder about signing your name! That's almost as bad as accusing a rival school's coaches of improprieties via email that you wrote in word doc(which is traceable), but having someone else(like someone you went to college with) send it on to the IHSAA and have them sign their name to the email.

A. Housand

What ? No way ? Not That guy ? Get outta here! Can't Be ! :(

johnny d-bag what you are doing on this site is not the intent of this site.  Its for discussion and information not for un-found accusations by someone who is not even proud enough of their stance to sign their own name.  If you have something to talk to Coach Snyder about I am certain he would be more than happy to sit down with you after he finishes at the Champion factory and before he goes to bed at 9p at night so feel free to contact him personally and make this attempt otherwise remove you chicken crap self from this conversation and from making un-found allegations.  Feel free to contact me also as I list my phone number at the bottom of every post I make with my name listed.

Edited by JMILL

johnny d-bag what you are doing on this site is not the intent of this site.  Its for discussion and information not for un-found accusations by someone who is not even proud enough of their stance to sign their own name.  If you have something to talk to Coach Snyder about I am certain he would be more than happy to sit down with you after he finishes at the Champion factory and before he goes to bed at 9p at night so feel free to contact him personally and make this attempt otherwise remove you chicken crap self from this conversation and from making un-found allegations.  Feel free to contact me also as I list my phone number at the bottom of every post I make with my name listed.

Dude, you forgot something..#PainTrain...you're welcome! I can see the veins popping outta your forehead. Relax, Snyder seems to have this.

Anyway, the #PainTrain seems to be fueled by hate (Miami Hurricanes of IN wrestling..discuss), so not going there as they seem to have enough to thrive on #Congrats on #TeamState. I commend the coach for shutting down a #hater with a #micdrop even before any other posts were entered! I wonder how many other top program coaches would be so quick to post a list of their transfers?? So #Kudos.

Amen Coach Snyder about signing your name! That's almost as bad as accusing a rival school's coaches of improprieties via email that you wrote in word doc(which is traceable), but having someone else(like someone you went to college with) send it on to the IHSAA and have them sign their name to the email.

A. Housand

Talk is cheap let results do the talking. O wait they already did! #onlytook3years

Can't really consider these transfers students for Brownsburg. They never attended any other High School before going to Brownsburg HS. Ty Mills was a Danville MS kid, Nathan Walton was a Tri-West MS kid and I believe Brayton Lee was in a private school for MS. But Lee and Walton were always a Brownsburg club kids forever. And all 3 are Hendricks Cty kids.

Which this seems to be very common in Hendricks Cty. Kids attend different middle schools then go to a different High Schools. I will not name names but I do know.....

Not just for wrestling but other sports too

Cascade MS to Danville, Plainfield HS

Danville MS to Brownsburg HS and Avon HS

Avon MS to Danville HS

TriWest MS to Danville, Brownsburg, Avon HS

Plainfield MS to Avon, Cascade HS

Edited by DLane

Can't really consider these transfers students for Brownsburg. They never attended any other High School before going to Brownsburg HS. Ty Mills was a Danville MS kid, Nathan Walton was a Tri-West MS kid and I believe Brayton Lee was in a private school for MS. But Lee and Walton were always a Brownsburg club kids forever. And all 3 are Hendricks Cty kids.

Which this seems to be very common in Hendricks Cty. Kids attend different middle schools then go to a different High Schools. I will not name names but I do know.....

Not just for wrestling but other sports too

Cascade MS to Danville, Plainfield HS

Danville MS to Brownsburg HS and Avon HS

Avon MS to Danville HS

TriWest MS to Danville, Brownsburg, Avon HS

Plainfield MS to Avon, Cascade HS

You forgot one...

Avon MS to Brandon HS, FL!

Dave/Redshirt,

We won state in 2008 at Mishawaka and had transfers. Like most top programs in any sport in the entire state.

As a review here are the credentials of the Mishawaka 2010 team that I always heard you talk trash to other people about:

Team State Champions

Won Individual State as a Team

10 State Qualifiers

9 State Placers

#13 in the Country

Here is our Mishawaka 2010 Lineup -

13 our of 14 of these guys were born and raised in Mishawaka and in our program. Our ONLY transfer was Ryan Stahl...feel free to research and check the facts.

103 – Grant Martsolf

112 – Paul Beck

119 – Layten Binion

125 – Taylor Wisler

130 – Nick Schrader

135 – Matt Guerra

140 – Anthony Eddy

145 – Darius Marshall

152 – Ryan Stahl

160 – Alex White

171 – Richard Morin

189 – Danny Abu-Shebab

215 – Christian Lentz

HWT – Travis Thomas

Brownsburg Lineup This Year:

106- Ty Mill - Transfer

113 - Nick Weaver - Sectional Qualifier when we got here.

120 - Blake Mulkey - good Middle School Wrestler, but did no off-season

126 - Ryan Bigelow- ran bulldogs only in middle school ...wasn't going to wrestle...I talked him into it.

132 - Connor Allen - Sectional Qualifier - won around 5 matches the entire year.

138 - Brayton Lee - lives 30 seconds from the high school, but no one believed he was staying

145 -Troy Owen - .500 JV Wrestler

152 - Quienton Ingram - won a few matches on JV maybe

160 - Arkee Glover - .500 JV Wrestler

170 - Nathan Walton - transfer

182 - CJ Damler - Semi-State

195 - Isaac McCormick - good 8th grader who had never done anything during the off-season

220 - Reilly Peterson - he was awful in 7th grade.

HWT - Rickie Clark - .500 JV Wrestler

Sign your name.

Darrick Snyder

Coach Snyder,

I have been following wrestling for many years and am very impressed with the program you and your staff have put together! This is my first time posting after years of following this board. I felt it was time to comment after the dirty comments directed towards you and your program.

I've attended a few matches and have been impressed with the youth and maturity of your team. I was most impressed with your wrestlers during the Carmel meet. All of your sophomores dominated and gave our wrestlers fits. I can't remember the name of your 126lb freshman but was very impressed with him. He gave our Eric Hiestand an amazing overtime match and had a possible pin if not for a injury timeout.

Braylon Lee, Nathan Walton, Blake Mulkey, Isaac McCormack, Tyler Mills, and your freshman are very very impressive(I apologize for missing a few names). This team is very deep especially in the sophomore class and freshman class and will only get better.

Not sure who these idiots are who are posting these negative comments about you and your program but should be banned. Never have I seen a "'TEAM" more deserving of a state championship then the Brownsburg Bulldogs. Great Ambassadors of Indiana Wrestling.

Good luck on the rest of the season and bring home the IHSAA title, unless you are going against Carmel :)

Best wishes and remember "they're jealous because you have something they dont!" Keep the #paintrain full speed ahead!

Alan Bolin

Edited by MatHoundzz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.