3A Team State Draw and Discussion

Y2CJ41

We do things our own way. We aren't trying to sneak up on anyone or hide. People noticing us is fine and what we set out to do. We have grown our fan base and our hate base tremendously. Students and staff wear Brownsburg Wrestling Gear and yes it says #PainTrain. You do it your way and we will do it our way. Many think we are annoying and over the top...we think many are boring and dry and it is exhausting and in our opinion hurting the growth of our sport. Our wrestlers, parents, fans, and administrators like what we do so we are going to keep it up.

#dosomethingdifferent

#growthesport

#getfans

We don't have to pretend we are wrestling in Ancient Greece. It's okay to be different and smile every once in a while or attempt to make wrestling more exciting.

Good luck to everyone Saturday.

#PainTrain

Snyder

But you have your pre-conceived biases and hindsight "self-fulfilling prophecy" scenarios too (it seems that's your accusation of others):  If Perry or Penn finishes 2nd or Cathedral pulls an upset in the pool, you'll say, "Told you that pool was mis-seeded."  If Penn or Perry lose matches in the bracketed part of the tournament, you'll say, "Told you that pool was going to kill them."  

Of course everyone has biases that shade their opinions.  But opponents to your views have presented facts about seeding procedures and random draw procedures that were used to try to eliminate these biases.  You've only presented the biased perception that being the champion of an INDIVIDUAL tournament sometime in the past 3 years should affect your DUALS tournament seed.  Please recognize that your preferences represent the strongest non-fact or non-procedure based biases being posted here.

Always amazed at Maligned statistical objective approach.    

1.  Maligned always has some data analysis that is much more objective and much less biased while being relevant. 

2. If Maligned, who I think was involved in the team state seedings,  he would feel much worse than any fan or coach if he projected any bias or impartiality on the seedings. 

3.  Maligned predictive statistics are normally correct and well within the margin of error, and the cool thing you can generally predict the outcome on his predictions.

4.  On the flip side his predictions are normally so accurate,  this takes the suspense and drama out of some events which is a bummer.

5.  Like any other seeding meeting, sometimes you don't have head to head info to make a definitive seeding.   You go with the best info you have.  2-6 in the seeding haven't done anything to differentiate from each other.   Somebody is going to get a slight advantage from a better seed.  But its not like its a super overwhelming situation you cant wrestle out of.   What's the big deal that Brownsburg gets #2.  

Since when when does saying a team is better than people think , mean that the fans are scared to wrestle them? 

As hook and half stated, your vocal minority gives your fans and the team a bad name. I even talked to Coach Harper about the whiners and he said he likes the draw. The conspiracy theories are absurd as the people that do the draws have no reason to screw over any teams. Is Brownsburg #2? I don't know...I kinda hope they get knocked off by another team, but that is why we wrestle the matches.

On a good note, the Penn fans I have had contact with in person are all great and good people.

Thanks for the kind words, Scholar.  I was actually not involved in the seeding process, but I know they went into great detail to try to make them as fair as they were last year.

Edited by maligned

Witness the 13-14 season, a certain Hobart coach's non-stop drum beating predicting a "Black-Out" state podium run. Remember? What did that do for Hobart's reputation? What did that do for the freshman wrestler? Did it help him, or hurt him?

In all fairness, Black did end up on the podium that year, in possibly the most bizarre chain of events ever, so maybe his coach had the right idea.

Of course I'm kidding though. It seemed like the entire state was rooting against Black that year which has gotta be rough for a freshman who hasn't done anything to deserve negative attention.

Maligned,

You continue to blow my mind with this stuff. Awesome stuff. Where do you have Avon finishing at team state?

Also.... you should offer your services to teams to go to seeding meetings! Sort of a professional seeding consultant. Since it was my idea, I will be glad to take my 10 % of all fees!

Edited by Mattyb

We do things our own way. We aren't trying to sneak up on anyone or hide. People noticing us is fine and what we set out to do. We have grown our fan base and our hate base tremendously. Students and staff wear Brownsburg Wrestling Gear and yes it says #PainTrain. You do it your way and we will do it our way. Many think we are annoying and over the top...we think many are boring and dry and it is exhausting and in our opinion hurting the growth of our sport. Our wrestlers, parents, fans, and administrators like what we do so we are going to keep it up.

#dosomethingdifferent

#growthesport

#getfans

We don't have to pretend we are wrestling in Ancient Greece. It's okay to be different and smile every once in a while or attempt to make wrestling more exciting.

Good luck to everyone Saturday.

#PainTrain

Snyder

Uncle!

#burgerkingcrownsridethepaintrain

Since all the Penn fans are getting on here crying about their draw and calling it a conspiracy. 

Y2 , I asked in post #8 in this thread how Brownsburg can get a #2 seed . I then stated my case while I think Penn should be seeded ahead of Brownsburg . I then watched the seeding hangout , and he explained why he seeded  Brownsburg ahead of Penn . I can live with that and you didn't hear anymore from me about it ,  as I have mad respect for what Snyder has done at 2 schools now . So don't say all Penn fans are crying about the draw , it is what it is . 

Edited by M109R

The Mooresville win was after the seeding. Just wondering what wins they had that put them up to #2. So a win over Avon. What are Penn Perry and Portage best wins and who have they lost to?

You can at least find some of the dual meet win/loss info here

http://indianamat.com/index.php/page/team_rankings.html/_/2016/indianamat-r48

Y2 , I asked in post #8 in this thread how Brownsburg can get a #2 seed . I then stated my case while I think Penn should be seeded ahead of Brownsburg . I then watched the seeding hangout , and he explained why he seeded Brownsburg ahead of Penn . I can live with that and you didn't hear anymore from me about it , as I have mad respect for what Snyder has done at 2 schools now . So don't say all Penn fans are crying about the draw , it is what it is .

And my post simply highlighted quotes from Maligned stating he would have #PainTrain ranked lower. Think we all can agree that Maligned is held in high regard on this site for his astute statistical analysis, so one would assume he held no "bias" in making that assumption. So I'm not sure how you can extrapolate Penn fans are whiny or conspiracy theorists.

If your looking for us Saturday, we'll be the ones in the tin foil hats! Stop and say hi..we are great and good people!

Edited by UncleJimmy

Pool C has 21 state ranked wrestlers with 8 from PM 7 from Cathedral and 6 from Penn. Pool D has 10 and half of those are from Brownsburg. It's not so much that BB got the 2 seed but how brutal the C flight is and how weak the D flight is. I do believe whomever comes out it the C flight will be in the finals but man will there guys be beat up!

Pool C has 21 state ranked wrestlers with 8 from PM 7 from Cathedral and 6 from Penn. Pool D has 10 and half of those are from Brownsburg. It's not so much that BB got the 2 seed but how brutal the C flight is and how weak the D flight is. I do believe whomever comes out it the C flight will be in the finals but man will there guys be beat up!

Ranked wrestlers rarely tell how deep a team is. Cathedral with their 7 ranked wrestlers lost to Lawrence North with only 3 ranked wrestlers in a dual meet.

Carroll just had three first year starters place at the Al Smith this week. And they also only lost to Lawrence North by 3 points earlier in the season. 

Might want to look past just ranked wrestlers as Cathedral's other 7 went 7-16 at the Mooresville tournament...that's an average of 1-2 for each kid.

Is it fair to ask for specifics on why there will be no Track Cast this year?   What made this year different than last?   I really enjoyed watching last year, with one mat Chromecasted to my 50" TV and another mat on my laptop, all from Alabama.  Will miss it this year.  I guess it is football on BOTH TV's this year instead....      

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.