3A Team State Draw and Discussion

Y2CJ41

How do you define screw job? Putting the 2015 state champions (Penn), and the 2014 state champions (Cathedral), and the 2013 state champions (Perry M.), all in the same pool at team state. Ouch!

Avon was the 8th seed and beat Cathedral so it is hard to justify them being above Avon. 

On top of that Cathedral did not send in information and thus hurt themselves.

Avon was the 8th seed and beat Cathedral so it is hard to justify them being above Avon.

On top of that Cathedral did not send in information and thus hurt themselves.

That's probably all true. But it basically means whoever wins this pool of dismemberment will be so banged up they can't offer too much fight against BB.

How do you define screw job? Putting the 2015 state champions (Penn), and the 2014 state champions (Cathedral), and the 2013 state champions (Perry M.), all in the same pool at team state. Ouch!

Agreed , How in the hell does Brownsburg get a #2 seed ????????? Penn has 2 #1 ranked wrestlers , 2 #3 ranked  wrestlers and a #4 .  Brownsburg isn't even close to this . Penn , Portage and Perry Meridian would all beat Brownsburg . The #2 and #3 best teams in the state are in the same pool . 

Edited by M109R

Are you serious they aren't streaming this year??? is that because they are at a "better venue" and cost more for it to be there so they don't want to lose the money from the admission?

I do not know the reason, only know a few people offered to bring their streaming kits and the IHSWCA declined their offer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montreal_Screwjob

N7Sc8A.gif

I seem to recall Cathedral played one more week of football than Avon. Did football guys missing from Cathedral impact their line up against Avon? Honestly I don't know.

Actually, Avon got the extra week after on OT win over Cathedral in Football but yes, Cathedral was missing several key wrestlers in that match up. I'm not saying it would have turned out differently for sure but who knows.

I take no issue with BB. Lots of good teams here. Just seems kinda strange the last three state champs are in one pool. I guess one of these three teams in pool C should have won the Heartland Elementary Duals in 2011 like a certain team did. That obviously would have got them a higher seed over state title winning teams.

Am I missing something? Why is Everyone so high on Brownsburg? Who on the seeding committee actuality thinks BB could beat Perry or Penn or Portage. What a joke

Would you like to show us your match by match for your two seed vs Brownsburg?

I take no issue with BB. Lots of good teams here. Just seems kinda strange the last three state champs are in one pool. I guess one of these three teams in pool C should have won the Heartland Elementary Duals in 2011 like a certain team did. That obviously would have got them a higher seed over state title winning teams.

Next year we will add state titles within the last three years to the seeding criteria

How many times has Cathedral won a team state title? How many times has Penn won?

Agreed , How in the hell does Brownsburg get a #2 seed ????????? Penn has 2 #1 ranked wrestlers , 2 #3 ranked  wrestlers and a #4 .  Brownsburg isn't even close to this . Penn , Portage and Perry Meridian would all beat Brownsburg . The #2 and #3 best teams in the state are in the same pool .

Seeding these teams is a little more complicated than clicking on their team pages and looking at individual rankings for half a team

Would you like to show us your match by match for your two seed vs Brownsburg?

Next year we will add state titles within the last three years to the seeding criteria

How many times has Cathedral won a team state title? How many times has Penn won?

Think the question should be what is yours? No issue with whomever #2 is, but the panel justification should have been presented on the show so as to provide rationale.

Think the question should be what is yours? No issue with whomever #2 is, but the panel justification should have been presented on the show so as to provide rationale.

Im pretty sure I stated that the committee felt 2-6 were all very close and that very few commons existed other than the individual tourney that had Portage, Perry and Penn. Head to head projections with the lineups given to us by all coaches led to victories by Brownsburg in head to heads. That is why Brownsburg is #2. Brownsburg also had wins over top 15 teams Avon & Carmel.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.