Mater Dei Classic

1prouddad

Not saying anyone in here necessarily said that but after the match almost a lot of the mater dei fans were trying to take it away that it was a fluke that he didn't really win but in all reality timberman was the better wrestler that match.

Not saying anyone in here necessarily said that but after the match almost a lot of the mater dei fans were trying to take it away that it was a fluke that he didn't really win but in all reality timberman was the better wrestler that match.

I sat in the mater dei section and heard no such comment. I heard not one person make a single intimation to minimize timberman.

I did see and hear md fans clap for timberman when he was awarded his medal.

Hate on!

Edited by hook and half

Not saying anyone in here necessarily said that but after the match almost a lot of the mater dei fans were trying to take it away that it was a fluke that he didn't really win

NONSENSE!!!

Tell us who said that Stan. You were across the gym from the MD fans. You're MD hate and jealousy is absurd.

Edited by IU89

Tell us who said that Stan. You were across the gym from the MD fans. You're MD hate and jealousy is absurd.

Im not sure who this is directed at. I'm not Stan and my response was nonsense to Richyy's post(I just cut out what he posted). As for myself, I enjoy EMD wrestling as a whole. One thing I really enjoy about them, is their support for each other. The whole TEAM was matside on both of the big matches. They never have a match going where at least another team mate isn't there in support. Love it!!!

First time going to EMD Classic. Love the atmosphere, love the school pride on the walls. Looking forward to next year and what it brings. Big shout out to the lady announcer that got my sons name right on the first try. Well done Ma'am

Edited by TeamGarcia

Haven't been to the Al Smith so I can't compare to the MD Classic, but the MD Classic has to be attended by all. The atmosphere is phenomenal. Small gym, tons of rabid MD supporters. A must for any wrestling fan.

Another note although Ky might not be as deep as Indiana, those Trinity and UC boys can compete!

Yeah, it's a great tournament every year. Let's not forget EMD was without 3 of their studs this year though. While the other wrestlers filled in admirably, I believe the outcome in each of those weight classes would have been different had those guys been there. I don't know if other teams were missing their studs.

Now looking at next year, I hope some teams have a great group of wrestlers coming into HS. Here's a breakdown of who is losing what

Trinity(ky)-7. With 4 in the championship

NP-6

EMD-5

Memorial and UC both with 4

AV-3

FR and MV-2

Other remaining teams with at least 1 impact wrestler

Avon will be getting last years middle school state runner up Ray Rioux at 106 next year. Hopefully Skaggs will be back. And if God is willing Carson Brewer will be healed up and better. If the cards fall right, Avon should have a good shot next year.

Great team effort by emd this year. No champs and still win by a good margin. Congrats!

Edited by Mattyb

Yeah, it's a great tournament every year. Let's not forget EMD was without 3 of their studs this year though. While the other wrestlers filled in admirably, I believe the outcome in each of those weight classes would have been different had those guys been there. I don't know if other teams were missing their studs.

Now looking at next year, I hope some teams have a great group of wrestlers coming into HS. Here's a breakdown of who is losing what

Trinity(ky)-7. With 4 in the championship

NP-6

EMD-5

Memorial and UC both with 4

AV-3

FR and MV-2

Other remaining teams with at least 1 impact wrestler

Only know of 2 of 3 mentioned (Studs) Will, Nick. Who is the other and would this (Stud) won his bracket ?

Clay definitely would have placed higher than Hinderliter.  I'd give him 3rd for sure.  Don't know about 1st or 2nd though.

Agree, Evansville Semi State at 106 is going to great one this year .

Garcia, Mills, Rooks, Casbolt, Egli, Doene, Erikson, Sego, Reams, Denny & others. 4 advance someone getting left out . Who's it going to be ? Tough ! Tough ! Tough!

Egli couldn't make weight for classic. I heard he was a couple pounds over weight. That is some dedication. living on a dream... means nothing till you show up. Get him out of the rankings and lets all quit talking about him.

So a wrestler doesn't make weight 1 time and you want to question is dedication to this sport. I seriously doubt that of all people to question, would be a wrestler like Egli. This kid is legit and I'd put money on him that he'll be one of the top 4 coming out of SS. We'll see how he does at Team State this weekend.

So a wrestler doesn't make weight 1 time and you want to question is dedication to this sport. I seriously doubt that of all people to question, would be a wrestler like Egli. This kid is legit and I'd put money on him that he'll be one of the top 4 coming out of SS. We'll see how he does at Team State this weekend.

He's 1-0 so far and wrestles Peele of Portage next round.  That will be a good barometer on how could this FR from MD is.

Didn't the number one ranked wrestler in the country chad red wrestle 145 against a team this year, meaning he missed weight at 132. I wouldn't say he's not dedicated.

You are correct, it was against Cathedral.

Egli couldn't make weight for classic. I heard he was a couple pounds over weight. That is some dedication. living on a dream... means nothing till you show up. Get him out of the rankings and lets all quit talking about him.

Not too bad of a day for an undisciplined wrestler. Losing a barn burner to the #1 and another close one to #2 at team state.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.