If You Were in Controlling of the IHSAA

United World Wrestling had said they were going to change the type of uniforms for freestyle and greco for the Olympics, but have since postponed until after this Olympic cycle. I would imagine other wrestling institutions will go a similar route, too, in continuing efforts to modernize the sport and to make it more appealing to casual fans and to kids considering getting into the sport.

Don't like this. At all.

United World Wrestling had said they were going to change the type of uniforms for freestyle and greco for the Olympics, but have since postponed until after this Olympic cycle. I would imagine other wrestling institutions will go a similar route, too, in continuing efforts to modernize the sport and to make it more appealing to casual fans and to kids considering getting into the sport.

Long over due.

It's why I throw out the notion of both class events and single class. Class allows small schools to compete and grow the sport. Meanwhile keeping single class events allows for a true single champ and keeps the powerhouses happy.

The powerhouses don't care. You never hear Warren Central football complaining about Monrovia winning state.

The powerhouses don't care. You never hear Warren Central football complaining about Monrovia winning state.

True but football is a bit different. I think the Mater Dei, Perry Meridian, Mishawaka, Merrillville, Bloomington South, and Bellmont teams to name a few enjoyed competing against each other annually in the single class team finals. A lot of good wrestling there.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.