Notable results for 12-12

maligned

Rypel d kam jones 7-4

Could anyone describe this match?  This Cameron Jones--bumped up to beat Tonte and now bumps up and gives Rypel his most interesting score by far from the past two years--seems so far removed from the guy who lost 9-1 to Harvey at semi-state and finished 7th at state, getting pinned by Mammolenti along the way.  It seemed his name was in off-season results every week this spring/summer.  It appears he's made a jump from very good to elite, in terms of in-state status.  Can't wait to see him against Davison at the Al Smith.

106: Cavanaugh-Penn over Watts-Jimtown, 4-0

113: Slates-Penn over Mejia-Ek. Memorial, 4-2

126: Glogouski-Fairifield pins Varner-Penn and beats Mejia-Ek.Memorial, 7-3

Mejia techs Varner

132: Yoder-Fairfield pins Selis-Penn

145: Beam-Penn over Scott-Ek.Central, 5-2

Prentice over Rodriguez was at 152, not 145...even with being mentioned 6 times previously.

Also, Prentice beats Kerrn of Jimtown 10-6 and Rodriguez beats Kerrn, 5-3

160: Longbrake-EkM over Hurley-penn, 9-1

Jones-Jimtown over Hurley, 15-1

Longbrake over Jones, 11-4

170: Ritchie-EkM over Rohrer-Fairfield, 4-2

Edited by maligned

132: Franklin-Homestead over Flowers-Northwood, 4-3  (Franklin at 126 other matches)

Weight class note: Kyle Hatch-Warsaw wrestled 138 all day (not 145)

Weight class note: Malone-SB Adams at 160 all day (not 170)

182: Clem-Homestead over Graber-Northridge, 8-6

Edited by maligned

Mejia techs Varner

Prentice over Rodriguez was at 152, not 145...even with being mentioned 6 times previously.

The 152 matches between Kerrn, Prentice, and Rodriguez were all close and entertaining matches, some of the best of the day.

Track's bracket showed the Jones/Hurley match wrong, Hurley actually won the match.

Mejia looked impressive yesterday nearly beating Slates in a good match right after beating DeMien a few days ago. He could make a deep run this year.

Mejia techs Varner

No one said the Prentice - Rodriguez match was at 145 . He simply stated Rodriguez was ranked #4 at 145 . 

Not sure what went on at Charger Invite. A number of matches don't match what happened. By my quick count, Elkhart Memorial scored 24.5 more team points then it shows. That should have put them in second. Jimtown scored 11 team point less. Plus stated an hour late and changed the pools several times. What was going on there.

Not sure what went on at Charger Invite. A number of matches don't match what happened. By my quick count, Elkhart Memorial scored 24.5 more team points then it shows. That should have put them in second. Jimtown scored 11 team point less. Plus stated an hour late and changed the pools several times. What was going on there.

Total debacle. Started hour late. Finals break was another hour after a "15 minute" break announcement. Not sure if track issue or what.

I was out and about this Saturday. Got to see some good wrestling at the Stultz Memorial @ NorthView HS. 

Well got to see New Pal and Chad Red in action. I was only 1:39 sec as he easily went 4-0 on the day. He is

in a total different League. NP has a solid line-up and took 1st place as a Team. Other teams that stood out on

the day was Plainfield (Minus Biddle-HWT) came in 2nd, lot of scrappy young kids. 3rd was Crawfordsville, now 

these guys total shocked me, good team then Host Northview got 4th solid line-up 120 thru 182 kids better be

ready these guys are tough, some will challenge to get out of EVSS.

Wrestlers that stood out:  Reams-106 , Gomez-126-Plf.  NP 113-152 and 220 , SP the Shaffer kid at 195 is

thick and fast, Wyatt182 & Lorimer120. THN Dull170, Murrell182 and Dwyer-Hwt. WV Creasey182 is a challenge,

NV Cook126, McCoy138, Gibson145 Hendrichs170 & Duerreger182. MVille- Whitaker160, Runyan1780 Scroggs

220 and Dean @ 152 is on fire.I know I missed someone. Sorry and good luck BT19

No one said the Prentice - Rodriguez match was at 145 . He simply stated Rodriguez was ranked #4 at 145 . 

I see now.  I got confused because it said: " Prentice #7 dec. Rodriguez #4 at 145"  

You can understand how that would be easy to misinterpret as the weight at which the match was wrestled since no wt. class was listed for Prentice.  He clarified his original post now.  Sorry to add to the confusion.

Malone from south bend adams is at 160 this year, I pretty sure all but one match or tournament has been at 160.

I noticed that in the Track results.  I mentioned it up above from your super dual results this weekend, but it's kind of buried in the other results.

Bane gets escape in overtime to beat Ruberg! Score was 4-3!   If you are a fan this is why you come watch wrestling!  Two awesome kids with a great match, and still friends afterwards!   Ruberg sat out last year with an injury, watch out!

That was an outstanding match. And like you said, it was very nice to see two wrestlers that, when it was all said and done, didn't throw fits or punch the mat. They just hugged each other and went on.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.