Traicoff At Calumet High School

wrestlerslife

2015 Chris Traicoff Memorial Wrestling Invitational Pairings

@Calumet High School, Gary, Indiana

Saturday, December 12, 2015

1st ROUND PAIRINGS

Top Bracket                                                                       

#1) Portage vs. Munster                                                          

#8) Lowell vs. Floyd Central                                                      

#5) Cathedral vs. South Bend Riley                                              

#4) Franklin vs. Hanover Central                                                  

Bottom Bracket

#3) Lawrence North vs. Calumet

#6) Valparaiso vs. Westfield

#7) Mishawaka vs. Southmont

#2) Crown Point vs. Lake Station

Factors taken into consideration in pairings were:

1)       The most recent IHSWCA & Indiana Mat Team Rankings.

2)       Early results from the 2015-16 season, thus far, as reported on Indiana Mat or other available online media outlets.

3)       Fairly separating the best teams, so that each team has the best chance of seeking their own level in the placement rounds.

4)       Avoiding 1st round rematches from last year, with an effort to keep Conference, Sectional & Regional rivals apart for Round #1.

Care has been taken to avoid any Conference, Sectional or Regional match-ups in Round #1. If you would like to check weights/scales on Friday night, contact me at jwadkins@lakeridgeschools.net and I will do my best to accommodate you and your team. Good luck with your meets this week, we'll see you all for a great day of wrestling on the 12th.

Edited by Coach Wadkins

The teams are still there but boy how this tournament has fallen off.

Fallen off? Seriously?

Teams like Westfield and South Bend Riley are probably top 30 teams in the state and they aren't even seeded. Then add teams with solid line-ups like Floyd Central, Southmont(1A qualifier), Valpo might end up a top 15 team at the end of the season and they are seeded 6th.

I mean from the days of Mishawaka Franklin Cathedral Crown Point Portage all had dual teams who could win the state championship. Yes while those other teams might be good. I'm talking about how it was as hard to win this tournament as it was the state duals. This used to be an absolute grinder. Now it's just five duals against some top 30 teams and programs who are still good but nothing like their teams of the past.

I mean from the days of Mishawaka Franklin Cathedral Crown Point Portage all had dual teams who could win the state championship. Yes while those other teams might be good. I'm talking about how it was as hard to win this tournament as it was the state duals. This used to be an absolute grinder. Now it's just five duals against some top 30 teams and programs who are still good but nothing like their teams of the past.

Portage and Crown Point(if they went) both are teams that could win team state. Lawrence North, Valpo, and Cathedral are all top 15 teams.

Of course everything was better in the early 2000's, the music, the hair, the wrestling... this is still one of the premier events in the state and will continue to be that way.

Semi state or better per weight

Colton Cummings Lowell 1st-113

Alex Bautista Hanover central-113

Colin poynter portage-113

Ian dembrowski Valpo 126

Alex grino southmont-106

Tristan sellmer Floyd central-132

Cody crary Munster-126

Jon Moran crown point 120

Bryton goering SB Riley-126

Lucas finger Lowell-106

Austin line valpo 120

Dheonte unseld Lawrence north 126

Reid Hutson Westfield 113

Brayden Bailey cathedral 3rd 126

Ryan hardesty Mishawaka 126

Miguel Prado portage 120

Zach galvin Lowell 120/126

Isaac Castro Lawrence north 120

Wayne Nelson Floyd central

Gaige Torres portage 126 2nd

Zach Melloh cathedral 132 4th

Jason Crary Munster 138 7th

Trevor Reese Franklin

Boone welliver southmont 145

Tristan dembrowski valpo 145

Devan beaver Mishawaka 132

Zach Steele Westfield

Evan eldred Westfield 6th 138

Austen Laughlin SB Riley 145

Tyler Joseph portage 132

Jake Cummings valpo 138

Nick smith Lawrence north 132

Dylan Stewart cathedral 145

Kasper mcintosh portage 8th 145

Conner Moore southmont sq 138

Shane Wilkerson Franklin 145

Tyler crowl Floyd central

Steven Lawrence portage 2nd 152

Daylan schurg crown point 138 SQ

Kassius breathitt SB Riley 152

Greg lichenburg valpo 160

Mike lichenburg valpo170

Bryan Carrender Lawrence north 152

Trevor bagwell cathedral

Oskar kasch crown point 160

Drew Hughes Lowell 1st 170

Tristan goering SB Riley 4th

Evan Larsen Hanover central 195

Cameron jones Lawrence north 7th

Zach worm southmont SQ 182

Ismeal Cornejo portage 170 SQ

Isaac James Lowell 182

Rickey Samuels Lawrence north SQ 170

Ben Stewart cathedral 182

Ashton mutuwa Hanover central 182

Austin faulkner Mishawaka 182

Sam nowosad valpo

Blake rypel cathedral 195 1st

Justin Akers crown point SQ 220

Nick Schaefer Westfield 195

Ryan guhl cathedral 7th 220

Alex kukurugya valpo 220

Quinn York Franklin 285 6th

Robert Samuels Lawrence north SQ

Gio Murillo portage 285

Jerrill fortner Lowell 220

Edited by ontherise219

I'd hope their a lot of good guys. There are 16 teams. It's a good tournament. Cathedral is no where close to a top 15 dual team. I just watched them this past weekend. This tournament with its round robin style used to be as hard to win as the team state. And no their isn't a team in this tournament that could win team state.

I'd hope their a lot of good guys. There are 16 teams. It's a good tournament. Cathedral is no where close to a top 15 dual team. I just watched them this past weekend. This tournament with its round robin style used to be as hard to win as the team state. And no their isn't a team in this tournament that could win team state.

That wasn't in response to your earlier comment. Just giving people some guys to watch

Its a good tournament. But it's common sense. Mishawaka LN Cathedral Franklin are all way down to what we are used to. Teams that couldn't even make it to the final round robin would show up at the team state back in the day. Teams would place 5th at Calumet then be in the final eight of team state at the end of the year. Also you had Ft Wayne Snider and Griffith who were both tough as nails. That's 8 teams who were powers!

Edited by overtime

Um , PORTAGE. The Indians will challenge anyone in the state this year and are capable of winning . 

Cathedral is going to be a lot tougher in the up in coming weeks. Having big Stewart and Guhl in the line up is a huge momentum swinger and then having 3 other guys out of the lineup last week can hurt. With Stewart and Guhl let alone last week, they wouldve beaten Avon and Bellmont

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.