Peoria Duals

ClownBaby

Congrats to the Carmel wrestling team for representing Indiana at the very tough Peria Duals in Illinois. Great turnaround from last year to lose all three meets to this year beating a #1 ranked Washington and the always tough Minooka, and wrestling the #1 ranked Dakota to a 37-37 tie only to lose by the 10th criteria tiebreaker! What was that criteria by the way, most attempts to locator the scoreboard? I can't imagine once everyone finally gets in the lineup and the football guys get in shape. Keep up the good work!

Edited by ClownBaby

Great win for Coach P and the team!

There is something of note here:

Washington was missing  3-4 starters, three of which are highly ranked in the state and 2 of which are ranked NATIONALLY in Keeley and Meneweather and Carmel won those 2 weight classes plus another FF by Washington at 126lbs.

You can't blame Carmel for missing wrestlers however so Kudos on the win!

Edited by lpd096

Thank you and you are correct. And let's be honest, it's most likely a 24 point swing as those boys are crazy good. But also of note is Carmel had a few guys missing as well and they too were in weights Carmel lost. Not saying that Carmel would've still definitely won but either way it's still a close dual and something to be proud of especially compared to last years outcome. Less than two years ago Dakota smashed Carmel by 40 points which is another testament to how far the program has come in a short time. I'm proud because the Peoria Duals is one very tough day of wrestling and Carmel went and represented Indiana well in a tournament that has an undoubtedly high level of competition. I'm also proud because my son is going through the program at Carmel and has gotten to see the rebuilding from the ground floor and experience true growing pains as a team. The numbers are going through the roof of our club and hopefully it's another good sign of things to come in the future.

Your son is in great hands! Coach P is one the best coaches I've seen in my 40 years of being around the sport as an athlete, coach, and parent.

He not only focuses on wrestling but on valuable life lessons as well. :)

Carmel is a great team and, more importantly, a great program. They've come so far so quickly and they've done it without superstars and heavy hitters. Watch Carmel wrestle and you will see a team of competitors wrestling smart and tough. Solid in neutral position, solid in par terre, fighting off pins...etc. They're not the only team in the state like that, but they are impressive. Coach Pendoski has full buy-in from his team and it shows

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.