Northwestern's woes

On the heels of Micic's transfer, Sliga's inexplicable struggles, Pariano's ouster, etc....the hits just keep coming. Prized redshirt freshman Jonny Sebastian is out for the year...oh, and Jason Tsirtsis just got steamrolled by Drexel's Matt Cimato. Not trying to pile on, but I'm genuinely concerned for the Wildcats. Hope the season takes a better turn soon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sliga recovers from his unimpressive opening match to reel off 3 in a row...he's still a couple of wins from a top 8 finish. I think this season may be full of ups and downs for Sliga. You don't just completely lose "it" over the course of 1 down year, but he's clearly not the same slayer he was a few years ago. Hopefully he's working back to that level, but right now an 8th place finish at the Midlands has to be considered a win.

Edited by Dingo Brigade

The Sliga train stopped as quickly as it started. Admittedly, Weatherspoon is very tough, but this was brutal. Sliga gets pinned after nearly being teched. Just can't see the Sliga of 2 years ago being destroyed by even someone of Weatherspoon's caliber.

I'm worried he's falling into the category of guys like Chance Marstellar, Destin McCauley and Mike Benefiel...blue chip, dominant high schoolers who couldn't quite make that huge leap to elite D1. I will always be a Sliga fan nonetheless. Nothing erases his remarkable prep career, nor the fact that he starts at a Big 10 school that is also the Harvard of the Midwest

• 2 weeks later...

It's getting a little bit ridiculous at this point for the Wildcats, as prized redshirt freshman Bryce Brill is out for the year with an injury requiring surgery. He joins Sebastian, Micic and Pariano as huge losses this season for NU. 2016 is off to a rough start fir the Cats