Lake central harvest classic

ontherise219

Just a side note: Julian Blanco from Brother Rice has transferred to Riverside-Brookfield, an up-and-coming program in Chicagoland who sent a load of guys into the individual sectional (a combo of our regional and semi-state).

Edited by busstogate

From the LC website -  Harvest Classic Andrean High School Brother Rice High School Calumet High School Griffith High School Hammond Clark Hammond Morton High Schoo Hanover Central High Scho Highland High School Hobart High School Lake Central High School Lake Station Edison McCutcheon High School Penn High School Perry Meridian High School Portage High School River Forest High School South Bend Washington High School. 

It lists 17 teams. If you look on the Brother Rice web page, they do not have the Harvest Classic on their schedule so who knows maybe they aren't coming. 

Team race will be between the 3 you mentioned. Brother Rice had a few solid individuals last year, but as a whole were not a factor in the team race. As mentioned earlier, Blanco has moved on to a different school, this is the young man that beat Torres for the title last year. I believe it was 3-2 or 4-3. Torres got the offense going late, but couldn't finish. Would have been nice to see a rematch. Blanco beat 3 time Illinois champ Kris Williams at the super sectional, so he's a stud. Just like last year, it will come down to bonus points from pins and major decisions. Congrats to the LC coaching staff for beefing this tournament up. 

if it is perry a, then we can expect high finishes from nier, servies, johnson, scholl, and ridle. Also could expect champions in fair and warran. But don't count out those placers i mentioned before, as any could be on their game and steal the show. 

team race IMO is between penn, portage, and perry. I think perry could run away with this, although i have zero knowledge on the illinois wrestlers 

Don't think Penn will have their football players back yet, so it will probably be a Perry -Portage battle for first . 

Ranked wrestlers by weight (I'm sure to miss a few)

#2 Kory Kavanaugh - Penn

#10 Sam Fair - Perry

#6 Hassan Johnson - BR (IL)

#4 Austin Slates - Penn

#9 Colin Poynter - Portage

#13 Sunny Nier - Perry

#1 Drew Hildebrandt - Penn

#5 Tylor Triana - Hobart

#6 Miguel Prado - Portage

#2 Gaige Torres - Portage

#5 Jeremiah Reitz - Griffith

#4 Brendan Black - Hobart

#9 DJ Broobank - Perry

None

#6 Kasper McIntosh - Portage

#12 Kain Rust - Perry

#1 Steven Lawrence - Portage

#6 Brett Johnson - Perry

#8 Denzyl Prentice - Penn

#4 Noah Warren - Perry

#5 Jarod Swank - Penn

#7 Zack Fattore - Hobart

#8 Ismael Cornejo - Portage

None

#5 Jake Kleimola - LC

#1 Kobe Woods

#10 Chris Ridle - Perry

#11 Giovoni Murrilo - Portage

I am positive there will be other wrestlers making an impact. Look forward to seeing some good wrestling.

Hello wrestling community, Lets not forget that Hassan Johnson is last years 2014 Harvest Classic Champion. Yes ,Alex Bautista is a tough and skilled wrestler and gave Hassan a run for his money. The score was 4-2OT . Cavanaugh ,Kory placed fourth behind Bautista. Bro.Rice from Illinois will be attending, it has been confirmed. Looking forward to a Bautista vs Johnson rematch. IMO they both should get the top two seeds ,which place them both on opposite sides of the bracket. If you check Hassan's track  wrestling profile, it will show him defeating Kory Cavanaugh back in April @ the Mishawaka Freestyle duals. That's enough talk about last year, can't wait until Sat. for some exciting matches. It sure has been a great tournament over the years. Keep up the good work guys.

BRice is way down this year, H. Johnson is it for them. Team-wise, they are not in the Top 35 rankings for IL 3A. If Blanco, Rudy Yates and others would have stayed, they would have provided a major punch but as it is, Rice's team is depleted.

Don't think Penn will have their football players back yet, so it will probably be a Perry -Portage battle for first . 

I believe that they should be back, wasn't the state title game this past weekend. Penn lost to Center grove. Although Penn's football players are back, I could see them being rusty with only one week of practice. Expect some upsets. 

I believe that they should be back, wasn't the state title game this past weekend. Penn lost to Center grove. Although Penn's football players are back, I could see them being rusty with only one week of practice. Expect some upsets.

Thought you have to have 2 weeks of practice?

Thought you have to have 2 weeks of practice?

i also believed that, but for sure penn football just finished. If kobe woods does wrestle this weekend, then it could be one of three things. 1. they could be bending the rules. 2. the rule has a some sort of a loophole. 3. they have extra practices or woods attended some night practices or misses football. My guess is that he attended football and wrestling daily if he wrestles this weekend.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.