S.A.C. Talk

Major Ursula

I am aware of his brothers and there tough competition(Lefever, Steveson, Hiestead). I know that Johnson and Miller are good. I agree with some of what you are saying I just find it kind of erratic to say anything is final or definitive at 152 in the SAC... I am not doubting any of these wrestlers, I want Miller and Johnson to succeed! I just think that Adair is in the mix because there are no proven dominant wrestlers at that weight in the SAC.

Nick Miller 14-4 MD. So far I am 2 and 0 I told you don't doubt me. There is more in the cupboard as long as Panther Pride exists. Go Miller!

Nick Miller 14-4 MD. So far I am 2 and 0 I told you don't doubt me. There is more in the cupboard as long as Panther Pride exists. Go Miller!

2-0!?!?!? I didn't say who would win today. All I said was the SAC was up for grabs at 152. What was the other match you are referring to? How did Woenker do today and How did Ochoa do?

2-0!?!?!? I didn't say who would win today. All I said was the SAC was up for grabs at 152. What was the other match you are referring to? How did Woenker do today and How did Ochoa do?

Woenker won the title by fall at Woodlan. Ochoa went 0-2 at Garrett. Was up 8-0 on Minnich from Garrett and was pinned. Lost a tough decision 10-4 to Lanam from Angola. I didn't say Ochoa was never going to lose. But he has defeated Murfield you said he didn't dominate he pinned. Point number 1 I win. Point number 2. I said Adair was not on Johnson nor Millers level. He was majored by Miller. Now we shall see if he makes to Johnson. The SAC is not up for grabs at 152. I knew who would be wrestling for that title since last March.

Woenker won the title by fall at Woodlan. Ochoa went 0-2 at Garrett. Was up 8-0 on Minnich from Garrett and was pinned. Lost a tough decision 10-4 to Lanam from Angola. I didn't say Ochoa was never going to lose. But he has defeated Murfield you said he didn't dominate he pinned. Point number 1 I win. Point number 2. I said Adair was not on Johnson nor Millers level. He was majored by Miller. Now we shall see if he makes to Johnson. The SAC is not up for grabs at 152. I knew who would be wrestling for that title since last March.

I have never referred to Murfield before...That was a different person if you read back.. But it is 0-0 because the SAC tournament is next week. And lets just say so far I was right about Woenker controlling 138 and so far you are right about 152. I never doubted any wrestlers. Congrats to Miller he brought it today! I expected more from Adair but we will see how things go at SAC

I have never referred to Murfield before...That was a different person if you read back.. But it is 0-0 because the SAC tournament is next week. And lets just say so far I was right about Woenker controlling 138 and so far you are right about 152. I never doubted any wrestlers. Congrats to Miller he brought it today! I expected more from Adair but we will see how things go at SAC

Adair beat Johnson by a point in the SAC Semifinals when Johnson was a Freshman 9-8. After that match I asked him was he serious now. He said yes. The next time they wrestled Johnson Dominated. The speed factor can not be over come. Woenker is in my club and my pupil since he was in 7th grade. He should be dominating this conference. What I said is Ochoa has defeated Woenker and I've seen them wrestle beyond scholastic competition. So having privy to thier strengths and flaws I will repeat. Woenker is more seasoned. Ochoa is more dangerous and aggressive but has more to work on than Woenker. I'll give you a clue. The best wrestler doesn't always win. I only have to beat you once. Case in point. I won the SAC unseeded. I had losses wrestling higher weight classes unbeknownst to them or me they were to 2 eventually state champs 3 state qualifiers all by decision some by a point. My coaches said they quit arguing at seeding meetings. The rest is history. Was I the better wrestler? No. He beat me in the dual 3 days later then again at semi state ending my career both losses by a point. My opponent in the finals of sectional was undefeated 27-0. The Woodlan kid had a better record than I by now with 6 or 7 losses. My coaches said they quit arguing at the seeding meeting. The rest is history. I won 6-2 to the only wrestler to my knowledge on the wall at New Haven. Was I the better wrestler? Yes because we wrestled after that and the score got way worse. So you look at records. You don't consider strength of schedule. Snider in those days wrestled Bellmont in a dual, went to the Mishawaka invite(Al Smith) and the Penn Super Duals. That's why I could wrestle with anyone. Ochoa is not quite as savvy as I was but I noticed something about him I couldn't say just 2 months ago: I'll take him against anyone he's a competitor Level A-1. You can't buy his heart. He loses by being over aggressive. He will run through a brick wall for you. His work ethic is a coaches dream. Does he have some head scratching losses at times? Yes. Is he going to lose again? Yes. Is he a Spazz? Yes. Now give me 10 more of him. Kids like him make me continue to do what I do and love this sport darn the cliches.

Edited by Major Ursula

I respect Javi's speed and I respect Ochoa's heart and toughness! I just want some kids from the SAC to reach the podium... That's all that matters nowadays but I acknowledge the improvement. And you are right, seedings aren't a factor this time of the year. We will see!

I respect Javi's speed and I respect Ochoa's heart and toughness! I just want some kids from the SAC to reach the podium... That's all that matters nowadays but I acknowledge the improvement. And you are right, seedings aren't a factor this time of the year. We will see!

We are trying to develop these wrestlers but there are road blocks. Some coaches in The SAC are telling thier kids not to listen to us. Well some kids are not going to block thier head coach out even if they are telling them the wrong stuff. Read between the lines. We get these kids to a certain level and then they go back in thier rooms and get muscle memory from bad tendencies. These coaches egos are so bad they'd rather the kid lose than wrestle a more solid way and adhere to "our way." So until this pattern changes I can only guarantee they will get better. The only podium trips will come from those who believe like Davis from Wayne, Omar from Wayne. Edited by Major Ursula

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.