S.A.C. Talk

Major Ursula

The Summit Athletic Conference has been down recently. We have been averaging less than 2 state placers a year. Can this be the year we buck that trend and have a renaissance? If so then whom? Can anyone dethrone Snider? With Carroll and Homestead joining the action in 2 seasons can the traditional schools raise their level?

Edited by Major Ursula

The Summit Athletic Conference has been down recently. We have been averaging less than 2 state placers a year. Can this be the year we buck that trend and have a renaissance? If so then whom? Can anyone dethrone Snider? With Carroll and Homestead joining the action in 2 seasons can the traditional schools raise their level?

As far as someone defeating Snider, Dwenger is usually a solid team.  I'm not sure what they have this year, but I would usually consider them in the mix.  They are well coached, and had good numbers last year.

Concordia is another team that was on the rise last year.  I'm not sure what all they lost, but I would think they would be competitive. 

Carroll and Homestead are not a sure thing to join the SAC in two years. The original agreement was that they could join on a sport by sport basis after the two year trial period.

Do you have any feeling as to if they will join or not?  I would assume that it would make the most sense to join, but I am not close to the situation with wrestling, or really the other sports either.  Seems like it was a good fit for football though.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

106- Streeter NS

113-Davis WA

120-Robinson BD

126-Courter SN

132- Braun NS

138- Woenker BL or Ochoa Northrop

145- Capps NS

152- Johnson WA

160-Fisher BL

170-Davis CL

182-Nix BD or Ault Northrop

195?

220-Asher CL

Hwt-Ault NS

NS squeaks out a close one and edges Concordia for the Title

Hwt Ault NS

106- Streeter NS

113-Davis WA

120-Robinson BD

126-Courter SN

132- Braun NS

138- Woenker BL or Ochoa Northrop

145- Capps NS

152- Johnson WA

160-Fisher BL

170-Davis CL

182-Nix BD or Ault Northrop

195?

220-Asher CL

Hwt-Ault NS

NS squeaks out a close one and edges Concordia for the Title

Hwt Ault NS

I think  we have 220 for skins

also 160 is redskins too.

whitner at 220

synder at 160

Edited by FWRedskins13

whitner at 220

synder at 160

220: Snyder of Wayne defeated Whitner at the S.A.C Duals. They are currently 1-1 against each other this season with Snyder winning the last time they met.

I think we have 220 for skins

whitner at 220

synder at 160

These are my predictions. I've seen them both and I'm still going with my picks. I

220: Snyder of Wayne defeated Whitner at the S.A.C Duals. They are currently 1-1 against each other this season with Snyder winning the last time they met.

And Johnson from Northrop beat them both. I believe Asher is undefeated so I'll give him the nod.

Asher lost I n the finals at Whitko to Mishawaka Marian. The Marian kid was legit. Also how did Johnson beat them both if you thought Johnson was undefeated?

My bad didn't read it close enough. Johnson beat Northside and Wayne, though you meant NS and CL. My bad. A 2.5 year old kid running around, yelling kills your reading comprehension.

whitner at 220

synder at 160

I think you're forgetting Harris from CL at 160, he beat Snyder at SAC Duels, it was a good match though in OT. He did drop one to Fisher from Luers but was it a fluke? Not sure, but I do know he only lost 4-2 against Berkebile from Frankton who's currently ranked 5th in state at 152 and had 1st takedown on him. I also believe your leaving out Murfield from CL at 138, if he's healthy he could very well see the top of the podium, and I'll agree no one beats Asher at 220, he's strong as an ox and has technique to go along with it. Just my thoughts.

I think you're forgetting Harris from CL at 160, he beat Snyder at SAC Duels, it was a good match though in OT. He did drop one to Fisher from Luers but was it a fluke? Not sure, but I do know he only lost 4-2 against Berkebile from Frankton who's currently ranked 5th in state at 152 and had 1st takedown on him. I also believe your leaving out Murfield from CL at 138, if he's healthy he could very well see the top of the podium, and I'll agree no one beats Asher at 220, he's strong as an ox and has technique to go along with it. Just my thoughts.

. I do not. Ochoa dominated Murfield. Woenker is 2-1 against Ochoa with Ochoa winning their last meeting. There aren't flukes in wrestling. Edited by Major Ursula

106-Streeter NS

113-Davis Wa

120-Robinson BD

126-??

132-Braun NS

138-Woenker BL

145-Capps NS

152-Miller Sn--Johnson Wa

160-Snyder NS

170-Davis CL

182- Ault No

195-??

220- Asher CL

285- Ault NS

Looks like you have north side running away with it!!!!

Woenker is clearly the best at 138. Asher should dominate at 220

Woenker wrestles in my club in the offseason so no one wants him to win as much as I. His dad and have known each other for years and he is my Co-Coach. However I will tell you Ochoa was in my club as well so I have privy to their head to head matches in the room and during the season and I'll give you some info. Woenker is the more seasoned wrestler. Ochoa is less seasoned but he is dangerousis turning the corner and has defeated Woenker and higher seeded wrestlers with better records. Edited by Major Ursula

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.