2016 IHSAA State Champs (by Semi State)

backtothemat

I never said he should go on a vision quest. I think for him to cement himself as maybe one of the best ever big men to wrestle he should. And he should want to beat those two guys. I simply said he doesn't come off as being the type of guy who it would bother that ppl might not think he can beat MP or KW. Did you ever see the match couple years ago when David Taylor wrestled Palmer? I can't remember which bumped up. But both of those guys wanted to be the best and wanted to make it known they were.

I never said he should go on a vision quest. I think for him to cement himself as maybe one of the best ever big men to wrestle he should. And he should want to beat those two guys. I simply said he doesn't come off as being the type of guy who it would bother that ppl might not think he can beat MP or KW. Did you ever see the match couple years ago when David Taylor wrestled Palmer? I can't remember which bumped up. But both of those guys wanted to be the best and wanted to make it known they were.

He's shown he's one of the best. He's a 3 time placer at 160 and above, you can probably count those guys on one hand. He's already proven his worth as a top wrestler with his national and state accolades.  Are you going to tell Kobe Woods to bump up to heavyweight at the Al Smith to wrestle Streck too? If not, according to you he's just another two-time champ. Why aren't you bashing Chad Red too for not bumping up against Nick Lee last year or the year before against Micic? 

I'm not bashing anyone. In fact I've given him praise. Saying he is prolly the best out of all three. And last year I wanted Red to bump to wrestle Lee. I think it would be awesome if they ended up in the same weight this year. IN wrestling could use the hype on a national level of having two of the best in the country battling it out at multiple weights for state titles. If you think that's bad then you are as dumb as I thought. I think it would be cool if Kobe did try to do that to Streck. Gelen bumped to try and get the best competition and beat Streck. Just FYI Y2 sometimes team state titles are decided but couple points. Could have to beat Kobe to win team state and keep Penn out.

Way to early for this topic. You guys are missing some big names. We will see in a couple weeks where everybody falls

A couple weeks?  In a couple months we may know where almost everybody falls, but it is definitely not too early to have fun prognosticating (both weights and place). 

I would think that the Indiana Mat Preview Magazine contributors would agree, since their 2014 magazine came out 10/21/14, ranking 16 guys at each weight class before practice started.  They even got a few weight classes and/or champions right too (10 or so out of 14 if memory serves)!

I'm not bashing anyone. In fact I've given him praise. Saying he is prolly the best out of all three. And last year I wanted Red to bump to wrestle Lee. I think it would be awesome if they ended up in the same weight this year. IN wrestling could use the hype on a national level of having two of the best in the country battling it out at multiple weights for state titles. If you think that's bad then you are as dumb as I thought. I think it would be cool if Kobe did try to do that to Streck. Gelen bumped to try and get the best competition and beat Streck. Just FYI Y2 sometimes team state titles are decided but couple points. Could have to beat Kobe to win team state and keep Penn out.

I'm not the dumb one. If Rypel would have defeated Woods in the finals Penn would have still won the team state title by two points.  Woods was also certified for 195lbs last year, so he could have made the drop to take on Rypel.

What if he drew him in the semis? And we are talking about this season anyway.

He wouldn't have drawn him in the semis because he faced the New Castle champion in the finals last year.

Cathedral and Penn have to worry about scoring max points this year with Mater Dei and Warren Central in the mix.

I understand that. But again we are talking about this year. But even by your logic now he has to wrestle the guy who he beat in the finals now in the semis. Now he doesn't score those pin points. But again we are talking about this year and how it can affect things. And how Rypel could go down as an all time great. Up there with Moore and O'Brien both 3 timers. You wouldn't know this but Moore bumped to 215 to wrestle O'Brien to prove he was the best at the County. I was there. That's the type of attitude and drive I'm talking about. Most kids would rather not face someone who can maybe beat them and just stay undefeated or status qou.

Vision Quest came out in 1985. Why is that relevant? You can only win state at one weight class. Last time I checked. Louden Swain is not walking in that door. There will not be fake lateral drops and Madonna music. Rypel has nothing to prove nor does Woods. Nor does Red or Lee. Besides the season hasn't began there maybe others who we may be over looking. My two Lincoln's.

major please retract your demeaning statements about the film that taught me everything I needed to know in life back in 1985 (from wrestling, weight cutting to how to treat an older woman). The real victim in this whole thread is the bashing the great movie is taking !!!

major please retract your demeaning statements about the film that taught me everything I needed to know in life back in 1985 (from wrestling, weight cutting to how to treat an older woman). The real victim in this whole thread is the bashing the great movie is taking !!!

Your head coach is a friend of the Family so I'll choose my words wisely. And you defeated my favorite wrestler in the Semifinals last year so I'll gather you know your stuff..however. Vision Quest was great for wrestling but not a great wrestling movie. C'mon now the fake throws and firemans carries! The coach with the shirt under the singlet? Bad music and hairstyles. I'd rather see Pinned. Good luck on the season Ty!

Your head coach is a friend of the Family so I'll choose my words wisely. And you defeated my favorite wrestler in the Semifinals last year so I'll gather you know your stuff..however. Vision Quest was great for wrestling but not a great wrestling movie. C'mon now the fake throws and firemans carries! The coach with the shirt under the singlet? Bad music and hairstyles. I'd rather see Pinned. Good luck on the season Ty!

If I have the wrong person I still mean this

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.