Folk Style push out rule

dad2cash

I watched Night of Conflict Friday night and they implemented a 1 point push out rule . It was horrible at least the way it was implemented for scoring .

I like making the mat bigger like college and allowing for more scoring opportunity and going to 1 point of contact within the cylinder.

If there is going to be a point awarded for going out of bounds it needs to be because a wrestler is actively retreating , not because he gets pushed out or steps out in the act of wrestling . If wrestler A picks up a single leg and intentionally walks wrestler b across the mat out of bounds , I think the point should go to wrestler b . I believe the rule in freestyle is if you body lock someone and pick them up and walk them over and set them out of bounds is illegal even .

College has a new rule this year.  1 of 3 options will happen when wrestlers go out of bounds.  1: Call is Action.  active wrestling/scrambling and wrestlers go out of bounds. 2: stalling backing up.  if wrestlers the wrestler makes little to no attempt to stay in bounds and backs out of bounds he will be called for stalling.  3: stalling pushing or pulling.  wrestler pushes or pulls the other wrestler out of bounds will be called for stalling.  The intent is to keep both wrestlers in bounds.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.