Hypothetical: How well would the champ, Riley Lefever do at the Division I level?

I've had this conversation a few times with some very knowledgable wrestling people. I guess I'm just curious to know how good of a chance Riley Lefever would have to be a stud at the Division-I level of wrestling? We all know he has an awesome set of skills for a bigger wrestler and dominates at his level. But I'm curious to know how well his current skill set would translate to the D-I level. Obviously this is all hypothetical, but I would love some insight from my fellow wrestling fans.

• 2 weeks later...

What did he do at Midlands last year?  0-2?

Obviously, being at a D1 program would give him better training partners.  

The first match he lost to a returning D-1 All-American by criteria after going the full amount of overtimes, and the 2nd match he lost by 1 to an NCAA D-1 qualifier. So, he is right there with those guys even with D3 training partners

Based on who he and his brothers have beaten and lost to at the Midlands and in freestyle competition the last couple seasons, it seems like Riley could be a bottom half of the rankings type of guy with an outside shot at a D1 medal if he were regularly training at that level.  When given the opportunity, he hasn't shown he would have the ability to compete for a high ranking or a title (yet).

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice win over #7-ranked Courts.  Riley has struggled to get over the hump when given a chance against guys of this caliber, so it's got to feel good.  Let's hope he can roll to another D3 title and maybe make a run at Midlands this year to show that he would in fact be a D1 contender if he were there.