Ihpo live feed

ontherise219

Thanks Mike for the compliment.

Does anyone else have any criticism or areas to improve on beyond getting an additional person to be a camera operator for the event?  We strive to deliver the best experience and with the introduction of Track's video and archiving, we hope to continue to deliver that excellence.  Please if anyone has any comments, concerns, ect. please let me know.

Also any kind of comments you have know that it is not for nothing until next year.  The duo that were running IHPO will also be running Northwestern University's Midlands and the IHSAA State Finals to name a few.

I had an older couple approach me Sunday and the man said "You look a lot like a guy named Tom Clark I used to know in Ohio." I said that's me and he laughed and said he knew it. They were there watching their grandson wrestle in the tournament. Their son who wrestled for me when I coached in Ohio was watching online while on a business trip to Japan. He sent a text to his Dad and told him he saw me refereeing and they came down to say hello. I had not seen them in over 20 years.

I think you guys did a great job.  It was good to see the turnout from other states for an event in Indiana.

The scrolling boards with bout numbers worked great (Very similar to USAW Folkstyle Nationals).    The trackwrestling video was very helpful for family that can't make the tournament.

The only thing I would suggest is a podium area for the award winners.  For such a tough tournament, getting an award at the table seemed a little anticlimactic.  As the tournament gets even bigger and competition more difficult awards will mean even more.  Pictures would be nice.   The singlets and Medals were awesome!

Thanks!

I thought the quality of picture was great too.  All the scrolling scores was nice to keep track of other matches.  I think the only thing I heard from people watching was that the wrestlers would leave the screen.  Other than that everyone who watched in our family love it.  Nice job on a great tournament

I was literally 10 min away from the HS and couldn't make it. Seriously who has a wedding on a Sunday afternoon! Caught some of the archived video, as well as, the live feed while on the way back home. Great production.

Edited by MattM

As stated above, the pic quality was fantastic. I would think the ref tapper could kind of monitor the camera and move as needed. The only issue was the edge of mat action but that was minimal. Great event, great talent and well run. Nice to get home and still see the second half of the NFL doubleheader games.

I did not get to attend but have enjoyed the video's while at work.  Also thanks to The Great Nick Weisjahn for the awesome IHPO shirts !!!!  this guy even periscoped video of the ride up (showcasing his sweet dance moves---whip & nae nae) and the stars of Indiana Wrestling at the tournament itself.  The commentary was next level stuff !!! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.