Flashback Friday....2003 State Finals Escobedo, Henrnandez and Tsirtsis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzZz6LG9Pyg

Talk about murderer's row.....

What a 1-2-3 punch.

2003 Indiana High School Wrestling Championships

(These three start at   approx. 1:06:30 mark)

125lbs: Angel Escobedo (61-0) Griffith (10) def. Matt Jaggers (56-1) New Castle (12), decision 16-8.

130lbs: Andrae Hernandez (61-0) Griffith (11) def. Matt Coughlin (41-1) Evansville Mater Dei (10), decision 11-4.

135lbs: Alex Tsirtsis (62-0) Griffith (11) def. Justin Edwards (40-3) Bloomington South (12), decision 15-5.

Edited by takedownartist

Add in Jose Escobedo at 119, who avenged his loss to Clay Leek from this year to go on to win a state championship the next year, and Griffith had a solid 1-2-3-4 punch too. Probably the two best 1-2-3-4 punches in Indiana history and they happened in the same year.

It's definitely fun reliving the old days! It's also crazy to notice how much wrestling has evolved over the past 10+ years. This was my senior year and these guys consistently put a whoopin on me, but this wrestling is extremely sloppy compared to today's wrestling. It makes me not want to look back at videos from my high school wrestling days, cause those must be reallllly bad hahaha

Add in Jose Escobedo at 119, who avenged his loss to Clay Leek from this year to go on to win a state championship the next year, and Griffith had a solid 1-2-3-4 punch too. Probably the two best 1-2-3-4 punches in Indiana history and they happened in the same year.

It's definitely fun reliving the old days! It's also crazy to notice how much wrestling has evolved over the past 10+ years. This was my senior year and these guys consistently put a whoopin on me, but this wrestling is extremely sloppy compared to today's wrestling. It makes me not want to look back at videos from my high school wrestling days, cause those must be reallllly bad hahaha

Do you have a link for 2004?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.