Micic to wrestle for Bronze at Junior Worlds

gogoplata89

Too bad he couldn't wrestle for gold. Loses to the silver medalist after holding an 8-2 lead.

Anybody know whether this qualifies him for an Olympic red shirt? I think there is a provision for high placement at world juniors. Medalists at this event the last couple years before the Olympics are often in the medal hunt in the Olympics.

How can you not get behind that guy? So talented, so hard-working...I hate that he's sitting out another folkstyle season, but I'm sure he'll be even more dangerous in freestyle after next season. Can't wait to see what's next for him

My guess is Folkstyle and the NCAA's are not what he is setting his sights on. He wants to be an Olympic Champion and get an education. An NCAA championship would just be an added bonus if he could squeeze it in. Keep up the good work Micic.

My guess is Folkstyle and the NCAA's are not what he is setting his sights on. He wants to be an Olympic Champion and get an education. An NCAA championship would just be an added bonus if he could squeeze it in. Keep up the good work Micic.

oh I agree, he definitely transferred to maximize his freestyle training, and based on his accomplishments, who can blame him. He will be a contender when he laces em up for the maize and blue, but he has his true sites set on world teams....and he's only going to get better

Why anyone would think that being an Olympic or World Champion is more important than being an NCCA Champion is way beyond me. This is America and this is Indiana and by God we are folkstylers!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.