ISWA Meeting

UncleJimmy

Just saw on twitter and got my email about the annual ISWA meeting! I kid of course, I got lucky and happened upon it on their website, not sure why I was on it, except that not much seems to be happening on this one lately so I thought I'd branch out. Figured I'd post the date on here where there might be some wrestling followers as well and since there was quite the conversation about northerners/southerners etc not being able to attend back in the Spring. I wanted to make sure we could all get our carpools together and make our voices heard about the various subjects of qualifiers/dates/expenses etc!

Oh, wait, it's Sept 13.

RSVP Cannot Attend gotta go to a preseason event. I'll at least have a different excuse than it being 3 hours away. Maybe next year.

it can, come in and make the pitch - somebody just has to make the motion.

either one can change their date.

just saying that is why it is where it is

I can't I'll be a tad busy that day.

I only have a few weeks to choose from for my event with one being an absolute no go due to hotel situation in the area.

Don't we have reps for each region that should listen to their constituents and motion in their behalf? This argument of "show up and pitch it yourself" is a real cop out. I have kids going to a tournament that day and I have to either not be able to attend or leave the kids to coach themselves. This is a perfect example of why people are cutting ties with the ISWA. I have heard from two PROMINENT wrestlers that they are no longer doing anything with the ISWA due to how it is ran. The more you drive people away the more our national teams will suffer its that simple. 

Yes, there is a section director that is supposed to be at each meeting.

I am not exactly sure why the ISWA meeting that has held the same date for 25 years has to change for one tourney (and it is a very good tourney, giving that full props!!).  People make choices, go to one or the other, or get a parent from your club to be your club rep at the meeting.  It doesn't have to be a coach.  2 prominent wrestlers quit, hundred others join.  I wish nobody every quit, but some do.  I know the board of directors tries very hard to accommodate as many as possible, but they can't please everyone.  Join on and make a difference, rather than just suggest things on forums.  This is an open invite  - I coach football, wrestling, our schools S and C, teach, and still go to all ISWA, IHSWCA, and all my USAW coaches council meetings.  It is n't easy, but its how we make a difference.  Would love the help!

Edited by dstruck

It was a suggestion, it's not like the whole month of September is chalk full of wrestling events.  Last year I received many compliments from coaches that would be able to attend their first IHPO due to the date difference.

Just because you've always done it one way doesn't mean you can change.

this is an awesome technology era and we have some bright minds in the field that are also involved in wrestling, and in this conversation. is it going out on a limb to suggest gotomeeting.com or something similar to ensure or at least boost attendance at ISWA meetingis?? JAI

This is the same organization that gives "state" awards to people who don't live in the state. Also the same organization that makes rules then doesn't follow them and acts smug when they purposely lie to people. The ISWA isn't exactly on the best terms with their members right now. As much as they tried to brush the freestyle state fiasco under the rug, people won't forget about it for a while.

Going to the meeting will serve no purpose as they will say "well we have have always had it on that date, sorry." Why sit through a two hour meeting to hear that?

Hey man, it's your guy's funeral. After "WaiverGate" its your Public Image that is a bit tattered. 

To call this a little tournament is crazy considering its the 2nd largest off season instate tournament we have behind Folkstyle state.

[table]

Tournament

Cadet/Jr. Numbers

Folkstyle State
IHPO
Freestyle Regionals
Freestyle State
Grecco Regionals
Grecco

[/table]

I feel I have a ton of Suggestions for the ISWA. I figure Ill jot them all down on here and let the organization decide what to do with it. You can even take them and have full credit for it! Either way doesn't effect me much. ISWA stuff is what our elite kids did but you have scared them off (luckily there are 100 backups so no need for my guys to get bothered and asked to join come Fargo/Duals time)so we will maintain our current off season plans which have yielded great results. And I want to state for the record I have no ill will towards any ISWA members. Jason Miller is one of my good friends, Tom Dolly was like a second father to me. The ISWA was great for me 10 years ago. I just feel Times have changed and they need to adapt to a new way of thinking.

Plenty of people that love the volunteer work these people do. Would always love more hands in hell, not forum nagativity- been a fun discussion,and all I learned was all I knew before- off to football

Oops "hands on help"

" I figure I'll just jot them on here". - now that is a super way to get things done- write suggestions on a forum for others to do. Awesome.

http://www.iswa.com/section-directors/

Here is a link to all the section directors. It includes names, phone numbers, and email addresses. I imagine contacting these people with your ideas or concerns would be more beneficial for Indiana wrestling than the normal "discussion" that happens between the ISWA and people on this board. 

We do, but there are hundreds of them and most of them start off so negative that they are a turn off to the person that can actual make a difference. Many people doing the things to make the biggest difference don't have time to go through all the threads

We do, but there are hundreds of them and most of them start off so negative that they are a turn off to the person that can actual make a difference. Many people doing the things to make the biggest difference don't have time to go through all the threads

I guess nobody at the meeting has cared enough to change it?

"Internet tough guy".... Are you able to hack my texts and read what people say off line that don't want to be called out on here?

I know a number of people that are on the board that could change it done read forums because the negativity drives them nuts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.