Micic transferring

badpta

Since its unlikely NW would release him to a Big10 school I was leaning towards Arizona State earlier in the day. With ASU losing a decent 125 (Hayden Lee), the major recruiting class of young studs Jones has assembled and Jones being able to help Micic with his freestyle ***NO NO NO***ions it seemed like a possibility. Now sounds like a few wrestling news twitters are reporting tonight that the Sun Devils could be his next stop.

Edited by MattM

I really hated to read this being a Northwestern fan. The only thing I can think of is Howe getting him to Oklahoma with the Hanover Central thing. Grade wise Micic can go any where.

Possibly, but they have a pretty solid 125 in Ryan Milhoff, while Micic maybe an upgrade in talent I'm not sure Cody would think it's needed to throw Milhoff to the side to get him. Though it could turn out that one of them could move into the 133 spot now that Brewer graduated. Another thing to consider is I could see Howe leaving in the near future to joining back up with Prizlaff. Edited by MattM

Possibly, but they have a pretty solid 125 in Ryan Milhoff, while Micic maybe an upgrade in talent I'm not sure Cody would think it's needed to throw Milhoff to the side to get him. Though it could turn out that one of them could move into the 133 spot now that Brewer graduated. Another thing to consider is I could see Howe leaving in the near future to joining back up with Prizlaff.

Brewer was a junior last year

Brewer was a junior last year

Thanks for the correction, I though he was a redshirt senior. Well I guess if it did occur it would be another year before they could split 125/133.

Wow...so rare to find a guy that only cares about the big picture--not stressing about the short-term results as long as the path is leading to the true long-term objective.  He may not reach his goals, but it won't be for lack of preparation, perspective, and ***NO NO NO***ion.  

At this point is wrestling going to to the schools with the best RTC ?It probably  does pretty much anyway. You might as well have have a 10-12 team D-I and let everyone else start a different division.It pretty much is that anyway.

I really hated to read this being a Northwestern fan. The only thing I can think of is Howe getting him to Oklahoma with the Hanover Central thing. Grade wise Micic can go any where.

Oklahoma signed Freddie Rodriquez. I don't think they would double up on that weight with the kind of money both of them would require.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll share some insight because I don't think Steve (Stevan's dad) will mind...

In my conversation with Steve recently, he stressed how it is bad timing for Stevan due to the scholarship monies being allocated already for the 2015 graduates and the $$$ is now being earmarked for the 2016 recruiting class so ASU didn't have $$$ that they wanted to offer Stevan, as we all know in an equivalency sport such as wrestling and the 9.9 scholarships available, it isn't like a blank check with all of these schools. ASU signed a HUGE class from 2015, there just wasn't any money available until AFTER next year.   

IMO, Michigan will be his destination.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.