Early Bird Special

Top 5 teams for 2015

1.) EMD

2.) Cathedral

3.) Penn

4.) Warren Central

5.) Perry Meridian

Avon, Brownsburg, Portage, Merriville could all be right in the mix.

All very good Teams. I would include Jennings County, Carroll and HSE as well.

Avon will have:

Larson SQ as FR 5th at State as Soph

Skaggs SQ as FR 8th at State as Soph

Miranda SQ last year

Clark SS last year

Henson SS last year

Cullen JV wrestler of the year

Meyer coming back from injury

Garcia MS State Champ

Conley MS State Champ

Brewer MS State Champ

And many other MS State place winners.

Rioux will not enter 9th grade this year. He will enter in 2016. 

All very good Teams. I would include Jennings County, Carroll and HSE as well.

Avon will have:

Larson SQ as FR 5th at State as Soph

Skaggs SQ as FR 8th at State as Soph

Miranda SQ last year

Clark SS last year

Henson SS last year

Cullen JV wrestler of the year

Meyer coming back from injury

Garcia MS State Champ

Conley MS State Champ

Brewer MS State Champ

And many other MS State place winners.

Rioux will not enter 9th grade this year. He will enter in 2016. 

Avon's lineup will be interesting to watch.   Last year, of the 6 previous-season MS state champs that wrestled 138 or below as freshmen in high school, 4 went to state and another was named Brayton Lee.   Those state championships absolutely mean something.

Avon's lineup will be interesting to watch.   Last year, of the 6 previous-season MS state champs that wrestled 138 or below as freshmen in high school, 4 went to state and another was named Brayton Lee.   Those state championships absolutely mean something.

That all may be true. I added them because Miranda was MS State Champ and went to State (HS 106) as a FR. Larson was 2nd at MS State (HS 220) and went to State as a FR. Now we have 3 more MS State Champs coming in. 2 under 138, 1 over 138. Hope they do as well.

Just remember, there's a big difference between a FR 106 and a FR 138 (or any other weight over 106). Not that 106 isn't tough as nails, but how many Sr 106er made it to state last year? Up just one weight (113) and a Sr took the championship. Now before anyone jumps on my post I know there are a tune of stud under class men out there. All I'm trying to say is, just keep everything in perspective. There is a big difference between MS and HS.

Just remember, there's a big difference between a FR 106 and a FR 138 (or any other weight over 106). Not that 106 isn't tough as nails, but how many Sr 106er made it to state last year? Up just one weight (113) and a Sr took the championship. Now before anyone jumps on my post I know there are a tune of stud under class men out there. All I'm trying to say is, just keep everything in perspective. There is a big difference between MS and HS.

That's definitely true.  I was just stating the facts.  Of the 6 MS state champs from 2014 who wrestled somewhere between 106 and 138 as freshmen this past season, 4 went to high school state and another was ranked #2 in the state heading into the state tournament before being upset in the ticket round of semi-state.  Those are just facts.  And from those facts it's not too much of a jump to make some general conclusions: the very best of the best coming out of middle school these days--especially from the 5 or 6 lowest weight classes--will have a real immediate impact on the statewide landscape, contrary to the past notion that only 103/106-pounders can compete as freshmen.  

Do all of the undefeated conference champs from your middle school have a chance to go to state?  Of course not.  But the top couple freshmen in the state in the lower half of the weights will be state qualification contenders without a doubt in today's new wrestling world.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.