Rypel & Bailey get UFC Fight Week Wrestling Ultimate Belt Award

MattM

This is a national wrestling event that is run as part of the UFC fight week leading up to the main UFC event. Belt winners (Top Three overall boys and Top Three overall girls) get to attend the UFC fight tonight as The UFCs guests.

Rypel talks in the post tournament interview about having some UFC aspirations down the road.

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/252343-2015-Ultimate-Wrestling-Championships/video/777477-Blake-Rypel-Claims-Another-Ultimate-Championship-Belt#.VaHN41L3anM

Edited by MattM

They handed out three belts (light middle and hwt). Brey Bailey was awarded the light weight belt after beating last years winner twice. Tommy Cash was robbed of the middle weight belt. Indiana was dominant.

Edited by Mattyb

Yeah Matty I just found the rest of the results and amended the original post to give Bailey credit too. Would have been nice for Tommy to get the third and have Indiana guys run the table.

Again, got robbed. Said that since he got a forfeit, they gave it to a Michigan kid. Tournament was ran by Michigan guys. Sitting here now watching the UFC fights at a viewing party with all the guys (hosted by the UFC). Fun weekend!

Edited by Mattyb

I watched that match against the Michigan kid. I said it before and I will say it again Mason Parris if we are comparing apples to apples will leave Indiana as the most dominate wrestler since David Palmer from Delta High School. Some will get what I am writing and some won't,  but true historians know.

Agreed Gary! Kid is just an all around awesome kid. Mason is a top 5 in country too. We just have some very talented kids in our state. Great group of young men! Got to give Brock Hudkins and Drew Hughes some props as well. They all were deserving of an OW award!

Bryan Bailey

Edited by Brey

It was a great showing for the HIgh Rollers this past weekend. We had 5 kids who were in the running for the OW belt all going undefeated for the weekend, Brock Hudkins, Breyden Bailey, Tommy Cash, Drew Hughes and Blake Rypel.  The light weight belt went to Breyden Bailey after beating Lucas Hall twice and the heavy weight belt went to Blake Rypel. The Middle weight belt was given to a Michigan wrestler. Also, undefeated for the High Rollers this weekend was Brock Hudkins who beat Logan Griffin 4x this summer in VA Beach and Vegas, Tommy Cash who pinned all 11 opponents in the first minute of the match and Drew Hughes who also kicked butt. 

We received multiple complements all summer about not only the talent level of our team but also how well behaved they were and that they showed great sportsmanship. 

Thank you for another great summer of wrestling. We finish up this weekend in Kalamazoo Michigan. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.