Indiana Gorillas At Disney

DanGski

Great job on a well organized team and trip Coach Glogouski! Not bad since the state of Indiana hasn't been represented there for a while. Keep up the great work.

I think Indiana had 9 or 10 teams at Disney last year. Avon 2nd, Perry M 4th, Penn 6th and Brownsburg 8th all in the Gold Pool of HS Teams. Penn also had an All Star Team as well. I think Indiana had 19 All American's last year.  

Actually we were 14th overall out of 52   teams,   Soo close to being in the finals of the silver pool came down to the last match.

And yes 800 pound gorilla mama you are correct but the only team that wrestled in the All-Star division was Penn the others were in the community division

I do think the kids all had a blast looking forward to next year...

How much overlap was the Moratorium and did the kids coach themselves those days? Just curious as I know a lot of teams did not go this year because of Moratorium week.

The coaches were not high school coaches and thus could coach the kids up all they wanted.

Actually we were 14th overall out of 52   teams,   Soo close to being in the finals of the silver pool came down to the last match.

And yes 800 pound gorilla mama you are correct but the only team that wrestled in the All-Star division was Penn the others were in the community division

I also think Yorktown won the small school Gold Pool as well last year

We're just splitting hairs and I'm definitely not trying to diminish your accomplishment (the opposite in fact), but there were 14 teams in the 1-2 bracket and 14 teams in your 3-4 bracket.  You finished 6th in the 3-4 bracket, meaning your placement was 14 + 6 = 20.  (I think you're counting 8 teams in the 1-2 bracket, but remember they were 14-team brackets after the preliminary 8-team pools.)

Yup you are correct.

We're just splitting hairs and I'm definitely not trying to diminish your accomplishment (the opposite in fact), but there were 14 teams in the 1-2 bracket and 14 teams in your 3-4 bracket.  You finished 6th in the 3-4 bracket, meaning your placement was 14 + 6 = 20.  (I think you're counting 8 teams in the 1-2 bracket, but remember they were 14-team brackets after the preliminary 8-team pools.)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.