Wrestling both fs and fk in college & high school

I don't think that the "best viewing opportunities" are poorly televised Olympic matches that come around every four years. There is much more dedicated (and better) TV and online coverage of NCAA folkstyle events every single year.

I agree that the NCAAs have been better produced than Olympic wrestling. But I was suggesting that for non-wrestling fans, the Olympics is a unique opportunity to bring interest where it doesn't currently exist since people watch the events whether they're typically into the sport or not...and that's not necessarily the case with NCAAs.

Edited by maligned

Here's how I could be pursuaded to think this might work.  First, every freestyle tournament must require the kids to wrestle greco also.  If that works, then the format should go to 4 periods in high school.  1st period greco, 2nd period freestyle, then 3 and 4th period we go to the coin flip and choice of top or bottom.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.