Merrillville Semi State

old dog

Genesis center I too have said for years would be great venue wise. But the down side is there is nothing around it anyone could go to to eat and the city of Gary whether it be school or government can't do anything right. Don't think they could pull off a semi state. Shame 6,500 capacity.

• 2 weeks later...

I really hope this tournament goes smoothly or else there is gonna be a lot of unhappy wrestling fans. Atleast they will have some room to breathe seeing as it is the 2nd largest gym in the united states (next to new castle). but will they have the spot lights???

Edited by brickfor6

I really hope this tournament goes smoothly or else there is gonna be a lot of unhappy wrestling fans. Atleast they will have some room to breathe seeing as it is the 2nd largest gym in the united states (next to new castle). but will they have the spot lights???

I don't think they currently have spot lights.

Much like the indy and Columbus area schools going to evansville's semistate

People in northern indiana don't realize how good they've got it in terms of accessing every place quickly.  Evansville is the only truly isolated area in the state.  

There are too many good routes to ECC.  The farthest, most isolated schools in that semi-state still require an hour less than many schools need for Evansville, based on Google Maps estimates for cars--let alone buses.  I can't find any school that needs any more time than the 2h12m for Lewis Cass.  It will be gravy to get to ECC after you've done it once.

East Chicago it is? Man that is quite the drive for some schools. 

mostly for the schools that drive 1.5 hours when the other semi state is almost 1/2 the distance from them.  If they are changing locations they need to look at redividing semi-states.  Warsaw goes to this semi-state, but is only 45-50 (maybe 60 by bus) from Ft. Wayne.  East Chicago is going to be easily 1.5 hours.

mostly for the schools that drive 1.5 hours when the other semi state is almost 1/2 the distance from them.  If they are changing locations they need to look at redividing semi-states.  Warsaw goes to this semi-state, but is only 45-50 (maybe 60 by bus) from Ft. Wayne.  East Chicago is going to be easily 1.5 hours.

Unfortunately you have to make the dividing line somewhere...Brownsburg or Avon could drive to any of the 3 other semi-states in the state in well under what it takes them to go to Evansville.  If everyone just went to the place that was closest to them, we'd have half the schools in the state headed to New Castle and only 5 percent going to Evansville.

that sucks, guess I will be happy with my 1.5

ECC will be about another 20-25 min farther than Mville for the warsaw area guys. 65 to 94 get off at Cline ave. All those routes are expressway speed.

Edited by MCKAJC

ECC is #5

NC #1

Anderson #2

Seymour #3

Richmond #4

Edited by Justin Ratliff

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.