Warren Central

overtime

Warren is a contender for sure. The coaching staff is top notch and the athletes at Warren aren't bad either!

Coach Tonte or Tristan Tonte transferring? The transfer would definitely help Tristan's college football aspirations of playing at Oregon. Good luck to him wherever he ends up.

Im speculating here....but Warren Central is a top football program not only in IN but Nationally as well. Tristan is a big time football player as well as a wrestler. If he has aspirations to play football in college why not play where the best play to showcase your talents. Congrats to Coach Tonte and WC. I am sure they will be a nail in all of our sides :P.  

I understand the aspirations aspect and wish everyone well, however, like Smooth34 mentions, where's the line? Those aspirations happened earlier than this year, one would assume..so why not transfer after middle school? So it's ok to ply away at a program and then when you become "elite" you can transfer to a school that is better for that sport? I get it, but is it right? Where does it end? Do we start sanctioning/rating elite prospects to a certain number, say 50 and those kids can transfer to the elite sports schools should they choose to do so?

Will also be interesting to see how the dominos fall in this one as well. That's a nice gig opening up with a lot of interest that should draw some top names/up-n-comers (a Fabio?) that leads to further openings etc....

I for one started packing my wrestling room up...........NOT.  This goes on all the time in all sports.  It's not hard to find one thing or another that is better at one school over another in academics.  With open enrollment it made it even easier, because you don't even have to move.  Most school systems even have pickup & drop-off spots with buses for kids that are out of districts now. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it still illegal to transfer for athletic reasons?

Always complainers....no....if Dad got a new job and has to move he is more than allowed to move with him....

I understand the aspirations aspect and wish everyone well, however, like Smooth34 mentions, where's the line? Those aspirations happened earlier than this year, one would assume..so why not transfer after middle school? So it's ok to ply away at a program and then when you become "elite" you can transfer to a school that is better for that sport? I get it, but is it right? Where does it end? Do we start sanctioning/rating elite prospects to a certain number, say 50 and those kids can transfer to the elite sports schools should they choose to do so?

Will also be interesting to see how the dominos fall in this one as well. That's a nice gig opening up with a lot of interest that should draw some top names/up-n-comers (a Fabio?) that leads to further openings etc....

Haha I have absolutely no desire to be a head coach anywhere

Uncle Jimmy,  One of the best coaches in our state has a chance to take over a huge power house of a school in Warren and earn more money so that his family doesn't have to live pay check to pay check all summer.  The family will move to Warren and all of his kids will attend Warren schools.  It might hurt or help Tristan in Football.  He would have probably broken many of the school records for QB's there.  He may have trouble making the starting lineup in the backfield.  It was not an easy decision to make.  I am sad for the Perry wrestling young kids that have waited for there turn to be coached but there will always be young kids and sometimes you have to put your families interests first.

Uncle Jimmy,  One of the best coaches in our state has a chance to take over a huge power house of a school in Warren and earn more money so that his family doesn't have to live pay check to pay check all summer.  The family will move to Warren and all of his kids will attend Warren schools.  It might hurt or help Tristan in Football.  He would have probably broken many of the school records for QB's there.  He may have trouble making the starting lineup in the backfield.  It was not an easy decision to make.  I am sad for the Perry wrestling young kids that have waited for there turn to be coached but there will always be young kids and sometimes you have to put your families interests first.

I hear you and concur on this particular instance. I was just following the thread and replying to the "speculation" angle and having aspirations. Nothing but best wishes to all concerned in this situation, most importantly the kids, as you stated. No qualms here in anybody bettering their work/financial situation. Apologies if misconstrued.

I sure hope they aren't moving solely based on Tontes son starting QB at WC! I would think he would be 2 or 3 in depth at that football powerhouse school. As a former warrior, I'm excited for this venture but not sure it was a wise decision. Very curious on who now takes over for PM. My guess is Perry throws $$$ and incentives to pull Matt Shcottle (spl?) back into the coaching world. Wouldn't that be entertaining to see those two coaching against each other!!!!! FUN TIMES

I sure hope they aren't moving solely based on Tontes son starting QB at WC! I would think he would be 2 or 3 in depth at that football powerhouse school. As a former warrior, I'm excited for this venture but not sure it was a wise decision. Very curious on who now takes over for PM. My guess is Perry throws $$$ and incentives to pull Matt Shcottle (spl?) back into the coaching world. Wouldn't that be entertaining to see those two coaching against each other!!!!! FUN TIMES

I think you may be underestimating the son's athletic ability. He started as a Soph at another 6A school and it is my understanding he broke a few records. Even though Perry is not a football powerhouse they play some stout 6A competition. I have never seen him play football, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him starting at Warren next year. At any rate, good luck to the Tontes...the southside won't be the same without them.

The Perry program will continue to be successful and stay as one of the few top programs year in and year out. TONTE did great things here but it wasn't just him. We still have all our pieces in place with several top tier coaches applying from within and a far. As TONTE inherites a loaded WC team built by Danny Williams our new coach will inherit a long list of studs from 5th grade up to 12th grade. Change is hard but change is good, especially in this situation. I say good luck and thank you to TONTE, Krulik and Morgan especially what they have done in making my two boys into fine young men. The luck part, they will need after next year!!!!! Ha

I agree Perry will keep on rolling. They have a slew of great wrestlers coming up and the internal list of potential replacement candidates is impressive;

Howie Cottie

Sean Richardson

Austin Elliott

Lewis Warren

Matt Hickey

Matt Schoettle

Who are external applicants?

Edited by BeastMode#31

The Perry program will continue to be successful and stay as one of the few top programs year in and year out. TONTE did great things here but it wasn't just him. We still have all our pieces in place with several top tier coaches applying from within and a far. As TONTE inherites a loaded WC team built by Danny Williams our new coach will inherit a long list of studs from 5th grade up to 12th grade. Change is hard but change is good, especially in this situation. I say good luck and thank you to TONTE, Krulik and Morgan especially what they have done in making my two boys into fine young men. The luck part, they will need after next year!!!!! Ha

Just wondering, which coaches will stay at PM and which will follow to Warren? 

Perry has been successful for a very long time, pre-dating Jim Tonte.  That being said, Tonte was at the helm for their meteoric rise.  It will be interesting to see how much of an "X-factor" that he is.

While this is great news for Warren, it is bad news for everyone else.  Warren already has a tremendous program; I expect Tonte to bump it up to the next level.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.