Top 3 or Top 4 at Central Regional?

Central Regional flyer has confusing info.  Under registration is says, "The top three (3) place winners in each Cadet and Junior weight class and style qualify above the state limit for your state's ASICS/Vaughan Junior & Cadet National Championships."  But later it also says, "Top four place  winners at this event qualify for Team Indiana traveling to the Cadet & Junior National Championships in Fargo, North Dakota July 18-25."  Anyone know if its really top 3 or top 4?

Perfect timing...just browsing the ISWA materials from this weekend for signing up and it clearly states "if you did not place as high as you wished, by placing Top 3 there (Central Regionals), you are guaranteed a spot." Probably still doesn't clarify it but that is what it states!

Per the USA Wrestling site information on each Regional:

Open to ALL wrestlers that meet the necessary age requirements. Top four (4) place winners at this event qualify for your state`s ASICS/Vaughan Junior National Championship (July 18-25, 2015) teams above the state limit (in the style in which you qualify). Athletes must still adhere to all state policies and you qualify in the style in which you place.

However, with some of the better wrestlers in the Mid-West attending this event each year, placing in the Top 4 in many of the weight classes will not be an easy task.

For more information related in Indiana's involvement contact

STATE KIDS/CADET/JUNIOR DIRECTORS Indiana

Kids: Matthew Brewer, 317-201-0644, mbrewer@eliteindy.com 

Cadet: Tom Dolly, tdolly2@yahoo.com    

Junior: Jim Tonte, jtonte@msdpt.k12.in.us

http://usawevents.sportngin.com/page/show/1670174-eligibility

Edited by MattM

I thought those tears might dry up but I was wrong.

Tip of the week: If it's not dead, run over it again then kick it.

There were 25 open spots left on the Junior Freestyle team last year and 24 on the Cadet Freestyle team.  Numbers don't lie, you don't need to go to state to get a spot at Fargo. Just send an email and pay your money and you're in.

Sorry I let facts get in the way of my statements.

So who's fault was it last year? I'm sure you have someone in the ISWA you can blame. All inclusive or to qualify, no matter what,there are or have been waivers. So if there are empty spots we as a state should not fill them even if the "qualified" kids don't want them?

I give Joe. You win. Coming soon the IMWA(indiana mat wrestling association) all qualify for State(if u wrestled 1 tourney in September)

So who's fault was it last year? I'm sure you have someone in the ISWA you can blame. All inclusive or to qualify, no matter what,there are or have been waivers. So if there are empty spots we as a state should not fill them even if the "qualified" kids don't want them?

I give Joe. You win. Coming soon the IMWA(indiana mat wrestling association) all qualify for State(if u wrestled 1 tourney in September)

You might want to get an iron to unbunch your panties. I guess you are on the side of screw people for following the rules. Let's tell people they can't do something so they miss weddings, spend weekends and money just to "qualify" for an event then tell them...oh you didn't have to do that silly!  

I'll summarize this topic for you since you are failing to comprehend it.

Someone asked about qualifications for Fargo based on Central Regionals. I stated, it is fruitless since if you really want to go to Fargo you can just ask and they'll let you go. The proof is in the pudding, there were 24/25 spots open for freestyle last year. You don't even need to qualify at state to go to Fargo if you wish. You give them the money and you're on the team. This isn't Illinois where every spot is hotly contested and placing at a regional is a BIG deal.

And finally, yes I will stand up and say something when it isn't right. Lying to people isn't right and I will definitely say something when an organization lies to their members.

Sorry had to take off this championship belt off to unbunch these panties.

Again, my argument is not with what the ISWA did. It was wrong for them to make people believe they had no choice but go to 2 tourneys. My beef is how tough it must be to put those dirty waiver kids on blast from your computer. Telling the ISWA they should be put on notice. Really!

Again, my argument is not with what the ISWA did. It was wrong for them to make people believe they had no choice but go to 2 tourneys. My beef is how tough it must be to put those dirty waiver kids on blast from your computer. Telling the ISWA they should be put on notice. Really!

Wrong person, I didn't "put them on notice."

Wrong person again, I didn't wear my championship belt last weekend. I didn't feel like defending it while coaching.

Wrong person again, I didn't call out any kid for getting a waiver.

I said that ISWA should be put on NOTICE!  I stand by that because they broke their Bylaws!!!!!!!

But I didn't do the other 2......

It never fails, when an argument is lost, blame the other side for picking on kids to try to salvage your dignity.  

That is usually the case when accusations are thrown around that seem like a personal attack rather than facts.  Im guessing an apology for the false accusations would be too much to ask if it was your intent to start a pissing match.

Hey man if you're jealous of the World Heavyweight Championship its a 24/7 title.... 

Um NO THANKS.

Ill have my stance on this and everyone else can have theirs. I have nothing to gain by any of this. Just saying that I didn't like Joes approach. Joe would delete any post that he didn't agree with since he is the big dog. I think he is throwing gas on the fire instead of trying to help. I'm not the only that thinks it.

Um NO THANKS.

Ill have my stance on this and everyone else can have theirs. I have nothing to gain by any of this. Just saying that I didn't like Joes approach. Joe would delete any post that he didn't agree with since he is the big dog. I think he is throwing gas on the fire instead of trying to help. I'm not the only that thinks it.

What posts have I deleted?

Thanks for the accusations, but again you are wrong. I could even ban you if I really wanted to.

Never mind u guys are right. I'm wrong. Hope the ISWA don't forget what they did wrong and learn from it. I'm sure they won't be looking for support from Indiana mat.

Nick did u have any kids wrestle that had a waiver? I helped a few kids in the process and have no regret for getting them more mat time, and supporting the ISWA. Not one of them were going to win a state title, but they did feel important getting to be there. Shame

Nope my kids followed the rules...you got to reap the benefits without the sacrifices. You are saying that it is fair they got to participate  even though they  didn't follow the same rules as everyone else and had to make similar sacrifices. Not there fault the ISWA screwed up. I think the rule is dumb but i still followed it. much like the 300 mi travel rule and the 1.5% rule. They are bad rules and some are never followed but I do follow them as they are the rules dumb or not.

I have to say I have to agree with Joe on this one.  I love the sport of wrestling for what it teaches my sons:  Integrity, Discipline, and Honor to name just a few.  I dont think anyone is saying shame the kids that got waivers and competed.  I feel the ISWA didnt show any of the characteristics I mentioned above in their decision to not abide by the rule they put in place. 

What posts have I deleted?

Thanks for the accusations, but again you are wrong. I could even ban you if I really wanted to.

Let’s not go too far.........I have had a few deleted that I don't feel were worthy.......The one about the coach that was videoing kids (that was news and proven) and the one that I said in joking that was poking fun at you (that you took personal and I have seen several that were similar in nature that other people have posted that were not deleted).

Edited by warsawwrestling

Not sure why people complain so much, if you did the tournaments to qualify for state and then proceeded to place high, good for you. But in reality many people can't take off for Saturday/Sunday tournaments, I have been busy with college and career choices and could just not fit them in. I don't think I deserve a spot anymore than anyone else but that's just how it is. If all the spots are not filled, they open it up for anyone. In the end it isn't the credentials or any time put in, money is going to get you to Fargo. That is what I plan to do, and I don't mean to sound arrogant. That is just reality and I am sorry if you can't take that..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.