UWW(Formerly FILA) Juniors and US Open

Y2CJ41

Lots of Indiana flavor this weekend in Vegas in both divisions

US Open

Angel Escobedo, Reece Humphrey, Andrew Howe, Sarah Hildebrandt, and Caleb Smith

UWW Juniors

Stevan Micic, Ben Harvey, Mitch Sliga, Riley Lefever, and Hayden Lee

*Nick Lee is registered, but heard he will not be participating

Registration ends tomorrow, so we could have more entries.

Jacob Aven and Jonathon Marmolejo from Purdue are both signed up now for Juniors. Brandon Wright entered in the US Open.

Great to see a lot of Indiana studs at UWW Juniors. This is one of my favorite events as it pits high school studs against freshmen and sophomores in college.

Stevan Micic 55kg

Tough Skylar Petry first round, after that should cruise

Drew Hildebrandt 55kg

NCAA Qualifier Ethan Lizak from Minnesota first round

Zack Davis 61kg

Cal Baptist's Peter Cunningham, coached by Indiana's own Andy Nicola

Ben Harvey 79kg

Winner of Bruno Nicollette and Collin Carr

Mitch Sliga 84kg

3 seed, should cruise to the quarters where he will have Oregon State's Corey Griego

Riley Lefever 84kg

NDSU's Tyler McNutt in the second round then a potential matchup with Zahid Valencia...who has wrestled both Nick Lee and Stevan Micic at Fargo

Jacob Aven Fatkg

Oregon State's Nate Keeve first round

I see that Metcalf put a 10-0 hurting on the notorious "Donnie" Baker in the first round today. :)  I guess all that extra training is why we didn't hear much from him this season.  So now  Ol' Donnie can get back to worrying about his boat.

Humphrey in the semi's

Escobedo loses in the quarters

Howe is in the quarters

Brandon Wright lost in the 2nd round

Lefever and Sliga in quarters

Aven loses in the second round

Harvey loses in the second round, wins his first consolation match

I was really impressed that one of the Valencia brothers (a high school senior) was able to win 3rd place in the senior division, losing by only 3 points to Andrew Howe! Arizona State starting to look like they may be the next Penn State

I was really impressed that one of the Valencia brothers (a high school senior) was able to win 3rd place in the senior division, losing by only 3 points to Andrew Howe! Arizona State starting to look like they may be the next Penn State

And his brother demolished everyone in the juniors (mostly high school seniors and college freshmen)...teching 2-time D3 national champ Riley Lefever in the process.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.