Open letter to Y2

coachi123

I blame the REAL 43rd President of the United States:

algoreclaysinternetmeme.jpeg

I tried that Interweb electronic communication stuff out today...

My electronic mail was "timestamped" (big fancy word) at 11:28am, The ISWA's "reply" was "timestamped" 11:29am, it took them a whole minute to answer my question. 

I tried that Interweb electronic communication stuff out today...

My electronic mail was "timestamped" (big fancy word) at 11:28am, The ISWA's "reply" was "timestamped" 11:29am, it took them a whole minute to answer my question. 

You have been to their meetings........of course they will talk to you......you are an insider!

I blame the REAL 43rd President of the United States:

algoreclaysinternetmeme.jpeg

Yep. If it wasn't for the darn interwebs the ISWA could still count on the efficient United States Postal System and these darn phones that don't have wires wouldn't be so intrusive and we wouldn't be having all these darn communication issues and  the northerners would still be attending the ISWA meetings!

I kid of course.......

I understand the rules, and I followed them. But I do wish the requirements were different. My son wrestled in two freestyle tournaments and one Greco. We have mutliple kids playing sports. One plays h.s. tennis, one plays h.s. baseball and Babe Ruth baseball (at different times), another wrestles four nights a week and plays Babe Ruth baseball and a daughter plays on two softball teams. It is very, very difficult to get to several tournaments - especially spending two days or more (depending on weigh-in requirements). My son really wanted to wrestle Greco this weekend, we just didn't meet the requirements for that. It stinks for him, because he would have wrestled two tournaments, we just couldn't get him there.

But I didn't write to anyone or try to bend the rules - I just signed him up for freestyle only.

I think, if we are looking at the good of the sport, these should be open tournaments. But I do see how it hurts the local tournaments.

That's my two cents worth.

My son really wanted to wrestle Greco this weekend, we just didn't meet the requirements for that. It stinks for him, because he would have wrestled two tournaments, we just couldn't get him there.

I believe the two event requirement was for Freestlye only. Greco has too few events to really make that qualification plausable at this point. So your son could have participated in the Greco event.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.