FS State Qualification Valdiation

WaltHarris

How will ISWA validate wrestlers have the two qualifying fs events required to enter FS State?  

I ask because of an interesting conversation.  Another parent said he registered his son for state.  I mentioned his son only attended one fs event I knew of.  The parent said, "Yah, but they can't check everyone.  And not all the fs tourneys are on trackwrestling.  So they can't really know.  Plus I hear they're granting a bunch of waivers.  What is the ISWA going to do, turn us away at weigh-ins?"

Honestly, I do not know how many of the events are on trackwrestling and can be validated.  And I have no idea if his statement about waivers is accurate.  I can only say others at practice suggested there are a few wrestlers registered for state who do not have two fs events.

If wrestlers without the proper qualification are allowed to enter and earn Team Indiana spots, then I think we could have notable issues next week.  

Don't put it past some parents checking the kids in their son's weight class for their two tournaments. This WILL get ugly when you have 50 crazy wrestling parents yelling at the ISWA staff because of this. Then on top of that you will have the parents of the kids that went to two events none too happy either.

Per my calculations based on the entries of events on TrackWrestling there should be no more than 813 wrestlers this weekend.  The only event that is not on TrackWrestling that I know of is the Carmel Freestyle duals.

Also, five wrestlers signed up currently only have one event in per my calculations.

Wow.  I cannot believe you put together this data so quickly, Y2!   

Well when I look at the data, I do clearly see multiple wrestlers with only 1 event who are registered in trackwrestling for state.  I wonder if the ISWA will be proactively contacting any registrant daily who does not have 2 events to let the person know their registration for state will be invalidated?

For what it's worth, when I signed my son up on Trackwrestling it did ask me to pick the 2 qualifying events he attended.  There was a drop down list of tournaments and I grabbed a snapshot of the list.  Here is what I had to choose from:

Team Jeff Ironman 3/20-21/15

Mooresville Freestyle Open 3/21/15

Columbia City Freestyle 3/21/15

Penn FS Rumble Classic 3/28/15

Boonville Ironman Classic 3/28/15

Perry Meridian FS Open 4/10-11/15

Carmel FS Duals Festival 4/10-12-15

Seymour Cadet/JR FS Duals 4/11/15

Duneland FS HS Duals 4/11/15

Delta FS Open 4/11/15

Princeton Tiger Ironman 4/17-18/15

New Palestine FS Open 4/17-18/15

Yorktown FS Open 4/18/15

Center Grove Dominator Series 4/18-19/15

Iron Eagle Nationals 4/18-19/15

Bloomington North 4/25/15

Grizzly Iron Man 4/25-26/15

HSE FS Open 4/26/15

Portage Freestyle Open 4/18/15

South Bend Riley FS Open 4/25/15

Mishawaka Freestyle Duals 4/26/15

Edited by tonyb71

Another issue that I see is that kids will not wrestle at the state events and still be allowed to reap the rewards of the discounts applied to the trips to Cadet Duals, Junior Duals, and Fargo. 

What discounts are applied? The cost of these trips are a large reason that some kids cannot participate.

You'd have to ask a board member for exact numbers. When I was on the board the discounts were $100-300 per individual for each trip. This isn't exactly advertised however. Basically the ISWA takes a big chunk of their profits from the previous year and creates a pool for funding of the national trips. They split this up per trip and applies it to the cost of the trip. Just as an example, say the ISWA budget says it will cost $1000 for the Fargo trip(gear, entry, transportation, housing, food, etc). If they determine they are using $200 per kid for the trip, the ending cost is $800(note these numbers are all fictional). That's the basics of it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.