IHSWCA Team State at Fort Wayne Complaints/Suggestions

alcorntr

"Lets" get a financial backer for this" - again, there is the "lets"  when one says this do they have the financial backer for that?  if they have it, please bring it forward.  If they have the sponsor, please bring it forward.  "We" (the IHSWCA) would love to have it! 

Have there been any contacts made with potential financial backers? 

Have there been any contacts made with potential financial backers? 

A good place to start

Marsh Supermarkets

317-594-2100

Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance

317-692-7200

Red Gold, Inc.

765-754-7527

American Health Network

317-580-6309

hahaha Danny thanks....I will be hiding in my dooms day bunker for the next week until the web storm passes.

tskin, do not let it get you down.  A lot of us feel the Ft. Wayne Coliseum is an excellent location.  The Coliseum has more of a "State" feel to it than any high school venue would. 

A good place to start

Marsh Supermarkets

317-594-2100

Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance

317-692-7200

Red Gold, Inc.

765-754-7527

American Health Network

317-580-6309

I am really out of my depth on this matter.  But does IndianaMat have the capacity to broadcast the event through its web site?  Then during the live stream place advertisers logos in the corner of the screen and split revenue IHSWCA?  I know very little about such web broadcasting, so please forgiven me if I am asking a silly question.  

Correct.  "Lets" call them.

Who is going to if it not the organizers of the event?  I did not call jostens to ask them to be a corporate partner with the IHSAA, I assume the IHSAA called them.

Edited by KarlHungus

volunteers, just as the organizers for the event are volunteering and their time is taken up on getting the venue, mats, contracts for teams, awards, mis....  next step is getting more volunteers for things such as calling.............. ihsaa is a paid organization, when they get that corporate partner they get paid.  more volunteers needed.

Companies like those sponsor events all the time. I'm pretty certain even a couple "Hall of Fame" events are sponsored by a couple of those big names. I believe when this event was being started I recall Trent saying something about trying to secure a big time sponsor to help offset costs. 

Not sure if that has been tried, but if it hasn't it should be the ORGANIZERS that contact these organizations. 

volunteers, just as the organizers for the event are volunteering and their time is taken up on getting the venue, mats, contracts for teams, awards, mis....  next step is getting more volunteers for things such as calling.............. ihsaa is a paid organization, when they get that corporate partner they get paid.  more volunteers needed.

The IHSWCA has 4 members on its marketing/promotions committee.  I would think that they have already volunteered.

Spitballin' in the Utopian world...

It seems "revenue" is key to get this where everyone wants it to go. I'm not an insider so I don't know if it's workable but wouldn't it be great to have all 3 stakeholders in IN wrestling be connected for the event. I know IHSAA nixed the team event and is why we are where we are, but can't the IHSWCA now show them that this thing can work and somehow get them back on board? Along those lines, can't ISWA somehow become involved? If we're mandating 2 local events to promote growth, wouldn't being connected to a high profile event and using it to promote its activities/events be beneficial? Getting to the point where all 3 organizations can participate leads to a sponsor seeing value in being associated by having year round exposure possibly, instead of just "event" exposure.

Another revenue stream this could lead to is a possible ticket tax scenario. It's hard to drum up support via "sales", not so much via tacking it on to an already know fee/ticket. Again, utopia, but I'm paying $10 to get into ISWA this weekend (2 local qualifiers, we're legit..thanks Coach Cornett and Coach Pflatt!) and I don't blink an eye, if ISWA was involved what would be the harm in making that $11 or whatever with the added $1 going to Team State revenue? And if the IHSAA was a stakeholder, upping the $6 ticket per state round to $7 etc? It just seems that it is easier to get something "tacked on" to an already existing expense outlay, than to try to devise another separate revenue stream..as witnessed by the $30 in extra fees tacked on to my Indy hotel bills for various pro teams/stadia etc.

I realize it's probably a pipedream with far too many obstacles to overcome, but it seems there will need to be a lot of outside the box the thinking to get this where we want it go, and where it deserves to go because it is a great event.

I'll let my bus driver know that is is "only an average of 25 minutes longer" when we arrive home at 3 AM Sunday morning. 

Sorry, I definitely wasn't trying to diminish the fact that you and 2 other teams will have far distances to travel...I was responding to someone from central Indiana in hoping to help people understand that if 92% of teams can travel to a place in 3:15 or less and 80% in 2:20 or less, it's not a "far corner" compared to true "far corners."  Ft Wayne isn't typically a hot travel destination, so many don't realize it's not far up the road from the northeast corner of Indy and major highways take you right to the coliseum doorstep.

So - I am guessing you are not volunteering Karl?  Just running down the list of who will help and who will post suggestions.

I am not a member of the organization yet I volunteered approximately 15 hours last year researching, emailing coaches and writing the program for this event.

So - I am guessing you are not volunteering Karl?  Just running down the list of who will help and who will post suggestions.

You will not find my name on there either, but if you want all my volunteer hours that I put into wrestling feel free to ask away.  Most of us on here volunteer in some fashion and are passionate about wrestling or we wouldn't be here.  Your question is about as inappropriate as asking how much I put in the collection plate on Sunday.

Has anybody listed what the actual financial figures are for this event?

- Costs for Ft Wayne Col. vs Pepsi vs Convention Center, etc.

- Revenue from previous years/expected revenue this year

- Any other additional costs for putting the event on

It could help if everybody had the same information.

Well, I am just hoping someone shows me up by getting a bunch of donors for the ihswca, that would sure prove me wrong. 

Why aren't the current heads of the organization looking into it? We have an executive officer, president, vice president, secretary and a host of committee members.....

Have they called those companies? Have they called others? Simple yes or no questions....

Why aren't the current heads of the organization looking into it? We have an executive officer, president, vice president, secretary and a host of committee members.....

Have they called those companies? Have they called others? Simple yes or no questions....

I can tell you I have not called anyone on this tourney this year as far as sponsoring it.

I know trent, and JD have met with companies over the course of the even and We had a meeting with a marketing organization at Lawrence North one year tht was interested in possible promoting the event.

I know I have way to many irons in the fires to help find sponsors but anyone that is willing to jump in and help give me a hollar.  tysongskinner@gmail.com

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.