Great weekend for the #800lbGorillas

Y2CJ41

I want to say thanks to this year's Gorillas for an awesome tournament and even better time with a great group of kids. You guys wrestled your butts off showed how tough you guys are dominating the competition. Every kid had a winning record except the backup that we bumped up and a guy that got injured!

Tylor Triana- lead us off with a 6-1 record and just dominated the competition. This kid is nails and will be a favorite next year. 

Blake Glogouski- Co-recipient for the most talkative, this kid is sneaky good. He cut his spring break short and came to wrestle, that's dedication to being a Gorilla!

Nick "Former JV" Weaver- Scrappy, scrappy, kid! Gets called up to the big leagues..what does he do? He beats a 2X Virginia champ....while wrestling up a weight! 

Brendan Black- Fun wrestler to watch with a dose of region physicalness on top! When asked to bump up for 4 matches didn't blink an eye to help the team. 

Jason Cray- Tough kid and wished I would have gotten to see him smother more competition. Suffered an injury and hope he's back 100% real soon.

Brayton "semi-state qualifier' Lee- The energizer bunny never stops moving. Fun to watch get after it and great tournament.

"Cousin" Triston Rodriguez- One of the lesser known kids in the state...but he's good fellas! He's fun to watch and gets after it for 6 minutes. 

Bam Lawrence- Great kid to be around and even greater competitor. I love this kid and he has a bright future.

Joshua Lloyd Garman- The other co-recipient of the most talkative award. Thanks for the grey hairs and cut your hair!

Jacob Gray- Another sleeper that is as solid as they come. If I were a college coach he's one I'd try to snag early as he won't be under the radar too much longer.

Nathan Walton- Great wrestler with a very bright future in professional or amateur wrestling!

David Eli- What a tale of two different days, lost a couple close ones on Friday, but came back to get a winning record on Saturday. Showed some heart and determination to go from 1-3 to 3-0 on consecutive days.

Garrison Lee- He gets the Scottie Sopko Friendliest Gorilla award for this year! Great kid and I was super impressed with him this year. I only saw him wrestle once this year and was unsure how well he would do. He more than exceeded expectations.

Evan Ellis- Quietly had another outstanding tournament. Went from NHSCA Nationals, to USAW Nationals, to Scholastic Duals and hasn't skipped a beat. Another tough kid that college should be drooling over...not only for his wrestling skills, but his academic achievements too!

Blake "the tough brother" Davis- Bumped up to heavy and wrestled a great tournament. Gritty kid and fun to coach...and maybe my favorite Davis brother(sorry Lisa for the hold in the wall ahead of time).

Lastly thanks to coaches Chis Pendergast and Nick Wiesjahn for taking time to help out with these guys. Hopefully there were not permanent injuries from the chairs and RKO's.

Thanks again guys for a great weekend and I look forward to seeing you guys on the top of the podium real soon. Remember Gorillas for Life, you're in an exclusive club now!

I want to say thanks to this year's Gorillas for an awesome tournament and even better time with a great group of kids. You guys wrestled your butts off showed how tough you guys are dominating the competition. Every kid had a winning record except the backup that we bumped up and a guy that got injured!

Tylor Triana- lead us off with a 6-1 record and just dominated the competition. This kid is nails and will be a favorite next year. 

Blake Glogouski- Co-recipient for the most talkative, this kid is sneaky good. He cut his spring break short and came to wrestle, that's dedication to being a Gorilla!

Nick "Former JV" Weaver- Scrappy, scrappy, kid! Gets called up to the big leagues..what does he do? He beats a 2X Virginia champ....while wrestling up a weight! 

Brendan Black- Fun wrestler to watch with a dose of region physicalness on top! When asked to bump up for 4 matches didn't blink an eye to help the team. 

Jason Cray- Tough kid and wished I would have gotten to see him smother more competition. Suffered an injury and hope he's back 100% real soon.

Brayton "semi-state qualifier' Lee- The energizer bunny never stops moving. Fun to watch get after it and great tournament.

"Cousin" Triston Rodriguez- One of the lesser known kids in the state...but he's good fellas! He's fun to watch and gets after it for 6 minutes. 

Bam Lawrence- Great kid to be around and even greater competitor. I love this kid and he has a bright future.

Joshua Lloyd Garman- The other co-recipient of the most talkative award. Thanks for the grey hairs and cut your hair!

Jacob Gray- Another sleeper that is as solid as they come. If I were a college coach he's one I'd try to snag early as he won't be under the radar too much longer.

Nathan Walton- Great wrestler with a very bright future in professional or amateur wrestling!

David Eli- What a tale of two different days, lost a couple close ones on Friday, but came back to get a winning record on Saturday. Showed some heart and determination to go from 1-3 to 3-0 on consecutive days.

Garrison Lee- He gets the Scottie Sopko Friendliest Gorilla award for this year! Great kid and I was super impressed with him this year. I only saw him wrestle once this year and was unsure how well he would do. He more than exceeded expectations.

Evan Ellis- Quietly had another outstanding tournament. Went from NHSCA Nationals, to USAW Nationals, to Scholastic Duals and hasn't skipped a beat. Another tough kid that college should be drooling over...not only for his wrestling skills, but his academic achievements too!

Blake "the tough brother" Davis- Bumped up to heavy and wrestled a great tournament. Gritty kid and fun to coach...and maybe my favorite Davis brother(sorry Lisa for the hold in the wall ahead of time).

Lastly thanks to coaches Chis Pendergast and Nick Wiesjahn for taking time to help out with these guys. Hopefully there were not permanent injuries from the chairs and RKO's.

Thanks again guys for a great weekend and I look forward to seeing you guys on the top of the podium real soon. Remember Gorillas for Life, you're in an exclusive club now!

Way to go Gorilla's!!! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.