160 Tristan Goering

170 Hunter Mote

182 Kyle Shaffer

195 Tristen Tonte

220 Gunner Larson

285 Quinn York

That is a tough "2nd" team....

Who else is on team gorilla

Some swell individuals, it's a pretty good team. We already have four guys that own recent wins over the blue team individuals.

106 Tylor Triana
113 Blake Glogouski
120 Jer Reitz
126 Jason Crary
132 Brayton Lee
138 Triston Rodriguez
145 Steven Lawrence
152 Josh Garman
160 Jacob Gray
170 Nathan Walton
182 David Eli
195 Garrison Lee
220 Evan Ellis
285 Blake Davis

Some swell individuals, it's a pretty good team. We already have four guys that own recent wins over the blue team individuals.

106 Tylor Triana
113 Blake Glogouski
120 Jer Reitz
126 Jason Crary
132 Brayton Lee
138 Triston Rodriguez
145 Steven Lawrence
152 Josh Garman
160 Jacob Gray
170 Nathan Walton
182 David Eli
195 Garrison Lee
220 Evan Ellis
285 waiting for confirmation

Very good team! Good luck to the Gorilla's!!!

• 2 weeks later...

NWCA/USAWestling National Scholastic Duals Information.....

(posted for John Cook, NWCA/USAWrestling Scholastic Duals Director)

> Live video streaming covering ten mats for all rounds will be provided by Trackwrestling.  Viewing Cost - $10.oo for the entire event.

> Advertise your camp, tournament etc on the Trackwrestling broadcast,  contact:   jmcook1949@yahoo.com

> Interested In Competing?   Additional individuals will be needed to fill in open weights for incomplete teams. Contact John Cook, jmcook1949@yahoo.com   Send your name, grade, weight, contact information. Seven match guarantee, high level competition, Cost $30

> Duals begin Friday, April 10th at 8:00 am., and Sat. April 11th at 9:00 am. Completion app 5:00 pm.

> 20 teams are currently entered in this folkstyle event.

The fact that these wrestlers do not feel an obligation to be a part of the team is not only disrespectful to their team mates but I think the mentality overall adds to the things that hold our state back.  I am sure some of them legitimately just cannot do it but the word on the street is that it's not the case with others.  We had an opportunity to have a really competitive team this year and half of the first qualifiers are not attending.  It's not fair to the others that are following through or to what our state is truly capable of representing.   

*I am not referring to anyone that chose to honor their loyalty to a team that they previously competed on or a knock on the guys that are moving in to take their place. 

The fact that these wrestlers do not feel an obligation to be a part of the team is not only disrespectful to their team mates but I think the mentality overall adds to the things that hold our state back. I am sure some of them legitimately just cannot do it but the word on the street is that it's not the case with others. We had an opportunity to have a really competitive team this year and half of the first qualifiers are not attending. It's not fair to the others that are following through or to what our state is truly capable of representing.

*I am not referring to anyone that chose to honor their loyalty to a team that they previously competed on or a knock on the guys that are moving in to take their place.

These guys are not exactly obligated to go, but it would be nice. However, it seems Likenif more top state teams would attend and/or more top talent would be listed that it would help entice other top guys to be in their states lineup too. These guys look for event where they know they are getting the best competition, improve their stock in the ranking, and the college recruiting game which doesn't always seem to occur at the National Duals. While their are some quality opponents each year I think this event still needs to be promoted better nationally in order to attract more high level states and more top level guys. Many other good wrestling states don't even send a team and several that do are also lacking their top guys. For all the current national interest in folkstlye events the Folkstyle National Duals seems to not be recieving as much national focus when compared to other national events. Talent and exposure will attract more talent and thus further exposure. Seems as though the National Folkstyle Duals has somewhat stalled out in both those areas. Edited by MattM

It is kind of like the chicken and the egg though. If the Indiana guys mentioned plus Hall not coming this year along with 3 other nationally ranked MN guys. Illinois missing at least 6 nationally ranked guys for various reasons. I am interested in what OH Mafia roster turns out to be. Last year they had  a half a dozen Graham kids. Sure no one is ever going to get every top kid at every weight but the top 3 teams are still very good. If OH is legit this year plus it seems like Colorado and Virginia flip flop bringing good to very good teams. It looks like it is Colorado this year. I agree it is a regional tourney but with the addition of 1 more quality State team like Iowa it could be a very tough regional tourny. I thought 138 and 182 were just loaded last year plus the big 3 at 120. This tournament may just be the victim of timing and freestyle. The Gold pool on Saturday will be worth all of the competing wrestlers time.

From Red's post FloNational interview that was his last event of the year until Super32. So we may see him absent from several big events this spring/summer.

We need to set up a petition for momma to let him wrestle at FILA Cadets and Cadet Worlds!

In all seriousness he has been to almost every big event since starting high school and he has definitely earned a break from competing.

Red is a unique case. He literally has nothing to gain by participating in any competition for the foreseeable future. He's beaten everyone,avenged his Pletcher loss and is clearly at the top of the heap nationally. Burnout is such a big issue, I think there's little reason for him to participate any time soon. To me, he is special in a Tsirtsis sort of way, and I don't want him to lose his fire.

Y2 and that team with those guys took 3rd place. So obviously there must be some pretty good wrestlers at this event. I have never seen Wisconsin at a folkstyle event in the off-season for middle school or high school. Michigan has some stupid rules about competing during the school year. I agree Iowa and Missouri need to be at this tournament. IA seems to be more of an AAU State than USA. I think the organizers reach out to the USA reps from each State. You have to get lucky and find the right "GUY" from each State. MN would not be in if not for Steveson and after Gables junior year they will probably be gone.

Screw PA. If they can't win they do not come. They are 0 for 2 since it got moved to Indiana. They like when things are in their region, easier to put together stud teams. Ohio Mafia does have a nice team this year. Gold pool on Saturday will have some great matches.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.