Why you won't wrestle/coach Greco.

Pretty good break down as to why some people in Indiana won't wrestle greco at their local tournaments or nationally. And before you argue that greco is useless then please explain to me why the last time I was at the Olympic Training Center a few weeks ago how come almost all of the freestyle national team was joining the Greco practices every afternoon? The national freestyle coaches must not know what they're doing if they're having their guys wrestle Greco...

http://www.myrmidontrained.com/blog/2015/2/18/the-top-reasons-why-you-wont-wrestle-greco

Great article.  I don't disagree that 'ignorance' and fear of the unknown is the reason a lot of folks don't wrestle greco.  With that said, can you recommend an online resource for folks who would like to learn more about greco? 

Great way to improve the numbers and community, just insult people...greco has its place We definitely do not focus on it at Brownsburg but our upper echelon guys usually do some to prepare for the bigger off season tournaments they will attend.  but the tone in this article is more beneficial to the very pro greco people out there to say "see how much tougher and better we are" not the way to handle it. 

If we really want to grow Greco in Indiana, then ISWA should require wrestlers to attend 2 greco tournaments before they can wrestle at state.  If they do this then every kid that participates will place.  But seriously the numbers will be even lower this year bc all the kids that won't be at freestyle will definitely not be at greco.  

If we really want to grow Greco in Indiana, then ISWA should require wrestlers to attend 2 greco tournaments before they can wrestle at state.  If they do this then every kid that participates will place.  But seriously the numbers will be even lower this year bc all the kids that won't be at freestyle will definitely not be at greco.  

Exactly.

Great way to improve the numbers and community, just insult people...greco has its place We definitely do not focus on it at Brownsburg but our upper echelon guys usually do some to prepare for the bigger off season tournaments they will attend.  but the tone in this article is more beneficial to the very pro greco people out there to say "see how much tougher and better we are" not the way to handle it. 

If you were insulted by this article, you are too sensitive.  Remember to sugar-coat everything.  Everyone is a winner.  Participation ribbons for all.  

If you were insulted by this article, you are too sensitive.  Remember to sugar-coat everything.  Everyone is a winner.  Participation ribbons for all.  

You are right we should just be awful humans and if you can't deal with it then your too big of a wuss...

You are right we should just be awful humans and if you can't deal with it then your too big of a wuss...

Wow the author of this article is an awful human?  I guess my definition of an awful human being is slightly different than yours.  

I won't wrestle greco because I graduated and am done competing in wrestling. I won't coach greco because the only training I got in greco was like a practice at michiana wrestling academy where fabio basically gave me the cliffsnotes on it, making me not the best option to coach it

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.