Mason Paris takedown question

takedownartist

I was really impressed with this freshman and surprised he did not win State after watching him 1st round and quarter round.

Unfortunately I was always on the far side of Bankers Life when he wrestled and could not see all that great.

Was the move he hit repeatedly a barrel roll, near arm far leg dump, outside fireman's carry?

I know if you change your lead leg, it can help prevent this being done on you, but most kids cannot adjust during the same match.

Moves come and go out of style all the time but I expect to see a lot more of this, I believe DiJulius from Ohio state hit this a lot in high school and some now in college as well.

Great to see an upper weight guy hit it here.

Edited by takedownartist

I believe short fireman's is the term...My brother hit it in 98 all the way through the state tournament and was voted as 1 of the best and most unstoppable moves in the state that year. Set up right can be a very dangerous unstoppable move in my opinion.

Yeah, we call it a barrel roll. Ian Hinton got the first takedown in nearly every single one of his matches by wiping off a post straight to a 2 on 1 to a barrel roll. Great move to hit right off the bat when both wrestlers are dry. If you're dry enough you can finish it without even coming off of the 2 on 1.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.