Some more stats from 2015 State

oldandbroke

I know what a lot of your teammates did in the spring and summer because I saw them two days a week. 

More wrestlers is good, more practice partners is good. For some odd reason you don't want more people participating in this sport. You only care about the good kids coming out for the sport and that is sad. There are plenty that will have positive experiences and become a coach, ref, parent, or super fan someday.

I DO want more people to wrestle. I don't think there is any other sport in the world like wrestling... Well maybe basketball but they wear funny shorts... I'm just saying more average kids wont help make a semi state kid improve. Maybe it would in the long run I guess neither of us really know the answer to that.

BTW how do you know who my teammates were?

I DO want more people to wrestle. I don't think there is any other sport in the world like wrestling... Well maybe basketball but they wear funny shorts... I'm just saying more average kids wont help make a semi state kid improve. Maybe it would in the long run I guess neither of us really know the answer to that.

BTW how do you know who my teammates were?

I know who you are :)

And yes more kids will help in the long run.

I know who you are :)

And yes more kids will help in the long run.

Yeah i ventured over to garrett a few times. But, i guess im sadly admiting, I tended to drive to Mishawaka because they had more kids my size.

And i guess now i will leave these boards... So much for remaining anonymous

Edited by Super_Fan

Sam,

I have a challenge for you with $1000 on the line.

Next year at sectional you can identify 700 1A wrestlers as potential state qualifiers. I will identify 100 potential 3A state qualifiers(3 classes). The one who gets the most to state wins. Note you will get over half the 1A wrestlers to choose from, while I'll only get about 7%.

Wanna take me up on this bet?

How about you get to pick from Fort Wayne Community Schools and I get to pick from Adams County. Using the IHSAA Football Classifications from 2013‐14 and 2014‐15: FWCS had 8712 enrolled and only had 3 qualifiers and 1 placer. Adams County had 1541 enrolled, but had 7 qualifiers and 2 placers. 

Edited by Silence Dogood

Sounds like my practice schedule a few years ago. Besides practice partners i dont see how this doesn't happen at a larger school too. They still have freshman and rookies that they have to teach half nelsons to. They still have their varsity kids help the first time varsity kids because they want a successful team. And more than likely the kids who want to be on the elite level and place at state stay after practice.

Classing wrestling wont get you any BETTER practice partners. Maybe more but that wont necessarily help a semi state level kid get to semi state because the kids he now has as practice partners are still going to be way below his level.

I'll go out on a limb and say it doesn't happen much

Missouri, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Colorado, South Carolina, Oregon, Oklahoma, do I really need to show you the 25ish states with smaller populations that class?

Even Alaska and Wyoming class wrestling!!!!

Even with Mater Dei there still aren't the same wrestlers with the "state placer" gene at 1A as should be.

That doesn't mean they should class. Those states should be single class. Make sure we give everyone a participation ribbon. Everyone gets to state!!!! Let's call everyone a state qualifier!!!

How about you get to pick from Fort Wayne Community Schools and I get to pick from Adams County. Using the IHSAA Football Classifications from 2013‐14 and 2014‐15: FWCS had 8712 enrolled and only had 3 qualifiers and 1 placer. Adams County had 1541 enrolled, but had 7 qualifiers and 2 placers. 

There seems to be a lot of kids with the "state qualifier" gene in Adams county.

It would be horrible if Indiana had an atmosphere like this. I can't believe these kids are wrestling a tainted, easy, worthless class state title and he CELEBRATES! This is a travesty.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10206136440196197

i agree but i am a little surprised you changed your mind 

Edited by fearless fly

That's just fine, but the crowd sure doesn't seem to be into it.

I was thinking people just constantly boo at these class finals and chant "we want a true champ." But for some crazy reason they are cheering a watered down, travesty of a state tournament. I am completely befuddled.

I was thinking people just constantly boo at these class finals and chant "we want a true champ." But for some crazy reason they are cheering a watered down, travesty of a state tournament. I am completely befuddled.

Just like we have with our government, they probably realize it's out of their control so they make the best of the worst situation... :)

It is interesting to see that the single class supporters are even torn on this.

Some claim that the "state qualifier" gene is born with kids and it is evenly distributed, however some argue that programs are built with coaching, community involvement, and tradition.

If we go with the former(kids are born that way), then we should see a closer to even distribution of placers and champions. However we don't.

If we go with the latter(coaching, community involvement, and tradition), then why are only a select few teams having consistent success?

It is interesting to see that the single class supporters are even torn on this.

Some claim that the "state qualifier" gene is born with kids and it is evenly distributed, however some argue that programs are built with coaching, community involvement, and tradition.

If we go with the former(kids are born that way), then we should see a closer to even distribution of placers and champions. However we don't.

If we go with the latter(coaching, community involvement, and tradition), then why are only a select few teams having consistent success?

Wrestling success if definitely is definitely related to the coaching, involvement and tradition as you call it.   A lot of it comes down to growing up in the right community.    But there also is a wrestling gene some kids have.  But  the's problem is  that are a lot of these kids out there that grow up in  community that doesnt have wrestling support or coaching.

Champs                                                Runner-up

1932-33   Bloomington                                         Bedford

1933-34   Bloomington /East                                Chicago Roosevelt (Co-Champs)

1934-35   Hammond                                             East Chicago Roosevelt

1935-36   Hammond                                             Bloomington

1936-37   Hammond                                             Hammond Clark

1937-38   Hammond Clark                                   Hammond

1938-39   Bloomington                                         East Chicago Roosevelt

1939-40   Southport                                              Bloomington

1940-41   Bloomington                                         Southport

1941-42   Bloomington                                         South Bend Central

1942-43   Bloomington                                         Southport

1944-49 IHSAA Meets Discontinued

1949-50   Bloomington                                         South Bend Central

1950-51   Southport                                              South Bend Central

1951-52   Indianapolis Arsenal                             South Bend Central

1952-53   Bloomington                                         Lafayette Jefferson

1953-54   Southport                                              Indianapolis Arsenal Technical

1954-55   Southport                                              Lafayette Jefferson

1955-56   South Bend Central                              Indianapolis Arsenal Technical

1956-57   Bloomington                                        Southport

1957-58   Indianapolis Broad Ripple, Richmond (Co-Champions)

1958-59   Indianapolis Shortridge                        Southport

1959-60   Indianapolis Wood                               Southport

1960-61   Indianapolis Wood                               New Albany

1961-62   Hammond                                            South Bend Central

1962-63   Hammond                                            Anderson

1963-64   Southport                                             Indianapolis Arlington

1964-65   Indianapolis Arlington                        Kokomo

1965-66   South Bend Adams                             Carmel

1966-67   Indianapolis Shortridge                       Franklin Central

1967-68   Elkhart                                                 Franklin Central

1968-69   Bloomington                                       North Central (Indpls.)

1969-70   Bloomington                                       North Central (Indpls.)

1970-71   Bloomington                                       Penn

1971-72   Bloomington                                       Beech Grove

1972-73   Bloomington South                             Indianapolis Bishop

1973-74   Muncie Northside                               Bloomington South

1974-75   Muncie Southsiden                             Hammond Morton

1975-76    Indianapolis Arsenal                          Bloomington North

1976-77    Bloomington North                           Martinsville

1977-78    Bloomington South                           Warren Central

1978-79    Indianapolis Arsenal                         Bellmont

1979-80    Warren Central                                  North Central (Indpls.)

1980-81    Delta                                                 Chesterton

1981-82    Delta                                                  Terre Haute South

1982-83    Delta                                                  Warren Central

1983-84    Delta                                                  Calumet

1984-85    Delta                                                  Muncie Southside

1985-86     Evansville Mater Dei                        Delta, Indianapolis Cathedral

1986-87     Bellmont                                           Evansville Mater Dei

1987-88     Bellmont                                           Indianapolis Cathedral

1988-89     Chesterton                                         Lawrence North

1989-90     Muncie Southside                             Decatur Central

1990-91     Mishawaka                                        Lawrence North

1991-92      Lawrence North                               Perry Meridian

1992-93      Lawrence North                               Southport

1993-94      Bellmont                                          Castle

1994-95      Evansville Mater Dei                       Bellmont,/Decatur Central/New Castle

1995-96*    Evansville Mater Dei                       New Castle

1996-97      Evansville Mater Dei                       Penn

1997-98      Evansville Mater Dei                       Portage

1998-99      Evansville Mater Dei                       Bellmont

1999-00      Evansville Mater Dei                       Mishawaka

2000-01      Evansville Mater Dei                       Portage

2001-02      Evansville Mater Dei                       Perry Meridian

2002-03      Evansville Mater Dei                       Griffith

2003-04      Lawrence North                               Perry Meridian

2004-05      Lawrence North                               Avon

2005-06      Evansville Mater Dei                       Bellmont

2006-07      Evansville Mater Dei                       Mishawaka

2007-08      Mishawaka                                       Evansville Mater Dei

2008-09      Crown Point                                     Perry Meridian

2009-10      Mishawaka                                       Yorktown

2010-11      Perry Meridian                                 Lawrence North

2011-12      Perry Meridian                                 Crown Point

2012-13      Perry Meridian                                 Yorktown

2013-14      Indianapolis Cathedral                     Franklin Community 

2014-15      Penn                                                 Indianapolis Cathedral 

Edited by warsawwrestling

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.