Shawn Streck vs Dexter Larimore...Two great Merrillville Heavyweights

takedownartist

I think Streck has been just a tick ahead of Larimore each year.  Dexter was at semi-state at 215 in a LOADED Merrillville semi-state as a freshman.  As a sophomore, Larimore was state runner-up at heavyweight, but I think the competition he faced at the top of the weight was slightly less than Streck faced last year.  As a junior, Larimore was dominant except that he had a fellow national-caliber guy in his weight (Kasten of Winamac) who had his number and beat him 3 times.  As a senior, no one came close to Larimore and he rolled to a national title when the NHSCA senior nationals were still a big deal.  It's VERY short-sighted to think Streck of this year would have crushed the senior-year monster that was Dexter Larimore.  However, I do think Streck's junior-year level is a touch ahead of where Larimore was. 

Larimore of course went on to play football in college.( I remember one year he has a slight misstep during state finals intro, tripped a bit on the mat)

Did Kasten start for Purdue wrestling all four years? Was Miles his coach at Winamac?

Will Streck play football or wrestle in college, anyone know where?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.