170- Juan Alfaro- 2A State 4th

182- Danny  Falconer- 1A State Champion

182- Tyler  Demoss- 3A State 2nd

195- Timothy Young - 3A State Champion

195- Luke Greenberg- 3A State 2nd

220- Brandyn Peacock - 1A State Champion

220- Jake Godinez- 2A State 2nd

285- Nick Czar- 2A State 2nd

Indiana fans might want to look away when this match takes place because its gonna be a blood bath. I'm not sure who has confirmed for the Illinois team but if they get their top seniors, Indiana might only win at one weight class. I would say 138 would be the only match that Indiana would be favored in and I see a ton of bonus points for Illinois. Tell the children to close their eyes because it's gonna be ugly!!!

nice predictions. You were really close

106  Kirk Johnson Glenbard North  TECH FALL over Quindarius Deloney Richmond  5-0 ILL

113  Garrett Pepple East Noble FALL  Jimmy Gallardo Notre Dame High School 6-5 IN

120  Sawyer Miller South AdamsINJ DEF.  Cody Minnich Coal City  (Sawyer was dominating the match before the injury) 12-5 IN

126 Dan Swan Oak Forest MAJOR Taylor Wright Greenfield Central 12-9 IN

132 Corey Jurzak Coal City MAJOR Jarrett Carden Lewis Cass  13-12 ILL

138  Bobby Alexander Conant DEC Tommy Cash Lawrence North 16-12 ILL

145  Dan Close Ottawa FALL Evan Smiley Beech Grove  22-12 ILL

152 Isaiah Kemper Evansville Central DEC Chase Vosburgh Mt. Vernon  22-15 ILL

160  Darden Schurg Crown Point DEC Daniel Andress Conant  22-18 ILL

170  Benjamin Harvey Cathedral DEC Patrick Kristin Oak Forest 22-21 ILL

182 Corey Hinkle Western DEC Danny Falconer Byron 24-22 IN

195 Bo Davis Garrett DEC 6-3 Ryan Berman Wilmington 27-22 IN

220  Courvoisier Morrow Warren Central FALL Jake Frost Coal City  33-22 IN

285  Nicholas Czar Highland DEC Nathon Trawick Richmond  33-25 IN           

I may have made a mistake somewhere, but I think those are all accurate.   I do not have the updates for the A meet.

I count 4 Ill state champs, Swan, Minnick, Jurzak and Falconer. Indiana had just two

Plus illinois brought a few 2nd placers as well. All in all, great job by the indiana team. Special recognition to Sawyer Adams and Cory Hinkle for beating state champs. Huge pin by Morrow, too.

Haha, sawyer miller from south adams, not sawyer adams

I count 4 Ill state champs, Swan, Minnick, Jurzak and Falconer. Indiana had just two

Plus illinois brought a few 2nd placers as well. All in all, great job by the indiana team. Special recognition to Sawyer Adams and Cory Hinkle for beating state champs. Huge pin by Morrow, too.Haha, sawyer miller from south adams, not sawyer adams

Nice job by the Indiana Seniors but let's look at the facts...Illinois' top seniors were at Dapper Dan putting it on the Western Pennsylvania All-Stars 33-10 as well as having 2 other top seniors on the USA All-Star team...while IL did bring 4 state champs, 3 of them were 1A champs which is IL's lowest division and would struggle to even place in the other two classes. Swan is a 3-time 2A champ and he is a stud. There were 4 2A representatives and 4 3A representatives and 6 1A representatives. Of the 3A kids two were 3rd place kids who both won their matches. Of the other two, one was fourth place and the 113 was not a state placer and was a late fill in because of an injury that occurred on the IL All-Star team that wrestled at Dapper Dan. Also I haven't seen anyone post the score of the second dual which was IL 36- IN 12. Just wanted to give a little more detail. Again nice job by the Indiana Seniors.

Edited by Colombian Boys

The only 2A champ I recognized was Danny, I am not familiar with the 1A kids, I've never heard of those other kids. I do LOVE the 1A crowd at Champaign, they bring their whole town to state, they are crazy! JJ Wolfe, another 1A champ is extremely tough but I believe he might have been in PA.

Edited by lpd096

Nice job by the Indiana Seniors but let's look at the facts...Illinois' top seniors were at Dapper Dan putting it on the Western Pennsylvania All-Stars 33-10 as well as having 2 other top seniors on the USA All-Star team...while IL did bring 4 state champs, 3 of them were 1A champs which is IL's lowest division and would struggle to even place in the other two classes. Swan is a 3-time 2A champ and he is a stud. There were 4 2A representatives and 4 3A representatives and 6 1A representatives. Of the 3A kids two were 3rd place kids who both won their matches. Of the other two, one was fourth place and the 113 was not a state placer and was a late fill in because of an injury that occurred on the IL All-Star team that wrestled at Dapper Dan. Also I haven't seen anyone post the score of the second dual which was IL 36- IN 12. Just wanted to give a little more detail. Again nice job by the Indiana Seniors.

tumblr_lenfw7gm9W1qf6o97o1_400-315x400.j

Great job by our Indiana lads against what I'm now being told was, in fact, a jv team. I could've swore we were short a few of our best seniors as well, but I must be mistaken. There's simply no way indiana could beat illinois, besides here and scholastic duals.

CB and LPD- We all understand that you think Illinois wrestling is so far superior to Indiana that you went as far as sending your boys to school in IL and that is fine.    Heck, the majority of the people on the board may even agree with you.    However, the IN team can only wrestle who is put in front of them so the could have, would have, should have theory is not really relevant right now.    Congrats to IN for winning against the team that IL brought.  

Edited by NPSmith

Haha, no way. I have it on good authority that the entire illinois team was composed of 6th grade girls. Only that could explain an Indiana win against the mighty Illini. Very proud of our young men, despite beating such a lackluster team

while IL did bring 4 state champs, 3 of them were 1A champs which is IL's lowest division and would struggle to even place in the other two classes. Swan is a 3-time 2A champ and he is a stud. There were 4 2A representatives and 4 3A representatives and 6 1A representatives. Of the 3A kids two were 3rd place kids who both won their matches.

Even IL justifies their class wrestlers.  This is big reason why I LOVE Indiana wrestling.  No guessing who is best here.

Yes there is, especially when a top kid loses in the ticket round or in the quarters at state and might be the 2nd or 3rd best.

Y2 I couldn't agree more.

As for IL vs. IN, you can draw your own conclusions, I am just commenting on the events and the participants. If you feel "threatened" or "sensitive" about the issues, that's your problem. Anyone who has read my posts for years will know that I have always said that IN's top end talent was outstanding, it is a sheer numbers game in a lot of cases with the depth. 

I went to Illinois state this year.  A guy can go 2-2 and get eliminated without placing. 

The placings are different as well, 1st thru 6th. (Which I am not in favor of but it's their deal and they like it, I like IN's 1st thru 8th because it seems to be a standard in wrestling throughout the country in most tournaments). They follow the winner so you can get back into the tournament if you lose the opening match and the guy who beat you wins the next match, you are placed back into the Conso's. I know a lot of IL folks are pushing the IHSA for a true double-elimination State Finals like the Super Sectional and Regional. In Indiana, I will never understand the IHSAA's way of thinking by not allowing that wrestleback in the 2nd match at Semi-State, isn't the goal to get the best kids down state? It's exciting for the fans because of what is at stake but there are so many deserving wrestlers who never get out because of a draw i.e. Sopko/Schurg this year at M'ville SS.

Edited by lpd096

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.